$$$$: How much AVR costs??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best surgeons in the bay area is Dr Craig Miller at Stanford.
I personally would not choose Kaiser for any heart surgery.
Check your plans to see if hospitalization is 100% and just MD visits and ancillary services are at 80%. Remember, the insurance pays only 80% of what they consider reasonable and customary, not what is really charged to you. It really can add up!!
Stanford is one of the best for valve replacement surgery.
Good Luck in your research.
Gail

I second Gail's opinion re: Kaiser. My brother-in-law just had two strokes within 2 days. He is a Kaiser member. He was sent home in one day with a feeding tube as he could/can not swallow (from the Santa Rosa facility)..home one day had another stroke/coughed out the feeding tube. Back to same facility...again sent home in one day with feeding tube!!!!! No more news since Saturday. His CABG was also done there a couple of years ago. As he has had TIA's in this last year, I don't feel he has been properly monitored, altho I can't get all the facts.

The abundance of competent care in the Bay Area should allow you to make an informed choice. Believe me when I say the HMO's are not acceptable to most Doc's when accepting new patients. It's in the papers alot and I've worked in healthcare (not clinical..ER Admitting/Financial Counseling) for 30 years. I do hope this is of some help to you, and best wishes.

Zipper *~*

Maybe the differences are from area to area of the country. Did you notice the variety of locations and charges.

I know that in Fl an AARP statement came out that in Naples one of the anti-depressants (Paxil, maybe) cost $40 and in Pensacola $223. And this is just one state.

Bill to date

Bill to date

As of today, UnitedHealthcare has paid $94,543.04..Today's bill was to QAS for $144.00 for Protime supplies....but come Jan. 1st. I guess I will have to meet my deductable again.. $100.00 Need to order more cuvettes before the first of year. They pay 80%...Bonnie

I just noticed Mara's "new" picture with the moniker "Trouble maker" underneath. So, Mara, when did you spring for the sex change operation? And that was some plastic surgeon who made you look just like Perry Mason! And how did these costs compare to AVR?

And I don't think you're a trouble maker at all--you stir the pot on occassion when it needs it, which is a far different thing! So, as a supporter of yours, do I have to go get the surgery to become Della Street?

;) :p :D

John

I have an HMO...

I have an HMO...

but my husband was curious, so we got the price of the mechanical mitral valve, not installed, just the valve, it was billed for $31,555.00.

terry

John Cochran said:
I just noticed Mara's "new" picture with the moniker "Trouble maker" underneath. So, Mara, when did you spring for the sex change operation? And that was some plastic surgeon who made you look just like Perry Mason! And how did these costs compare to AVR?

And I don't think you're a trouble maker at all--you stir the pot on occassion when it needs it, which is a far different thing! So, as a supporter of yours, do I have to go get the surgery to become Della Street?

;) :p :D

John

I want to have John's surgery, I want to be a puppett!!!

Latest posts

Back