how many sternum wires do you have?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wires

wires

Keep in mind that is a really tender spot that you are putting the magnets on. I haven't tried mine since last summer and they did stick then but will have to try again to see if they still do.. My kids were kidding about being out in a storm with lightening. Never thought that I could be a lightening rod but I guess it could happen.

If magnets stick, then the wires must be steel, I guess.

Maybe I could get copper wire and ward off arthritis at the same time! ;)

I can do it!

I can do it!

I actually tried this, and if I use a small magnet, right at the top of my sternum, it will stick. I've even tried bending forward, and it will stay there. Now.... if I can just get my 7 year old to stop hanging her artwork on my chest... :D just kidding, but the magnet really does stick!

I saw my x-rays the week after my surgery, and I thought, wow, how did they do that spiral job? I wondered about that for a long time. However, when I got them taken out, I was told there were seven twistie ties. So, I was duped by what I saw; I still can't figure it out. Not that I had a really close look at the x-rays; I believe there were more important things under discussion at the time....

I had 6 wires, and had them all removed about 2 years after surgery. They were bumpy and a tad sensitive. Wish I had known to try the magnet trick, could have used that to liven up a party!

With the thoracotomy, I had no wires, just two ribs that did not heal well on my left back. Causes muscle spasms and stuff when I cough.

Last Xrays, the girl came in and asked me take off my "necklace", and said we would have to redo the xrays, because of my oversight! Shoulda seen the look on her face when I told her of all the machine parts in my chest!! ha! got her!

Latest posts

Back