How long have you had your valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How long have you had your valve?

• Mechanical - 0-5 years

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Mechanical - Over 5 years-10 years

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Mechanical - Over 10 years-15 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mechanical - Over 15 years-20 years

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Mechanical - Over 20 years-25 years

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Mechanical - Over 25 years

• Tissue - 0-5 years

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Tissue - Over 5 years-10 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tissue - Over 10 years-15 years

• Total voters
G

geebee

Sorry if there has been a poll before but a couple of threads today have prompted me to start this.
How long has your current valve been implanted?
If you have more than one valve, you can vote more than once.

Almost 6 years!!!!!

Almost 6 years!!!!!

Can you believe it, almost 6 years.:D :D :D And I couldn't have done this without the great support of the people of this site in the year 2000. Many have come and gone since then, but those people before me put my fears at ease and I went into this surgery armed with much needed information, and that gave me the courage to go ahead and do it.

From the bottom of my heart.
Hugs to all of you.

Debbrn said:
My pulmonary tissue valve turned 15 last November.

Debbie

If somebody would of told me tissue valves last 15 years I would of got one.

I'm 5 months away from 15 years on my St. Jude mitral.

Randy - Deb's tissue valve is in the pulmonary position. Pulmonary valves don't see the "action" that aortic and mitral valves do. This is why they use a homograft (tissue) when taking the pulmonary valve to serve as the aortic valve in a Ross procedure, they are hoping for good longevity.

only 2 weeks!!!!!!!! It's been a very moooooooooving experience!! Hooray for medical science!!

:) Marguerite

Vote

Vote

Only let me vote once but I do have 21 year old mitral and aortic valves. Oh well no worry since I will be on vacation in 24 hours..
Kathleen

Randy,
From the information below your signature, it looks like you went through a hell of a time with your first surgey, so maybe it is best you went with a mechanical and won't have to go down that road again (hopefully). However, the newest versions of biological aortic valves are expected to last 15 years in most cases and maybe 20 or more for some. Even someone my age (38) has a better than 50% chance of hitting the decade and a half mark based on current research. I had to laugh when I saw this poll stopped biological valves at 15 years - we may not have any older ones now, but we likely will in the future! :) Kate

Kathleen said:
Only let me vote once but I do have 21 year old mitral and aortic valves. Oh well no worry since I will be on vacation in 24 hours..
Kathleen
Poll edited to reflect Kathleens 2 valve rather then one.

I have had my St. Judes Mechanical Mitral Valve for exactly two months now. Just call me the 'Ticker'.

2 1/2 Weeks

2 1/2 Weeks

4-13-06
2 1/2 Weeks
Tissue, Ross Procedure With A Cadavar Valve

Approaching 59 years!!!!!!!

Approaching 59 years!!!!!!!

I know, I know!!!!!!:p :p :p Sorry, couldn't pass it up.:D I'm one of the lucky ones (SO FAR) and still have God's "original tissue" valves.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

Well, one does have a "ring around it".:eek: Just a little "nip and tuck" please.:eek: :eek: A "plastic surgeon" for the heart.:p :p :D :D

WOW!!!!!!!!

May God Bless,

Danny

Latest posts

Back