How long did you wait in line for the election?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Texas started offering early voting, it was really absentee voting -- seems the guidelines were you had to be planning to be out of town on Election Day, be 65 or over or be disabled or something like that.

We've had early voting for quite a long time.

Don't know if other states had a poll tax "way back when," but I do remember my mother occasionally forgetting to pay her poll tax and not being eligible to vote when I was growing up.

I went early. The polls here open at 6:00 AM. There were three people in line, including my wife. There was one moron who didn't read the questions in the ballot sample they mail out ahead of time, so apparently she read all three questions in the booth, and took her time thinking about them.

But that was the only wait.

Best wishes,

I was the only voter there along with the 10 poll workers. So I decided to make them feel helpful and asked them to help show me how to fill in the bubbles.

We have early voting in Louisiana. My son voted early last week and it took about an hour. He's out of town this week. Polls opened at 6AM and close at 8PM

Same for me...no line at all:)
I did go pretty late,about 30 minutes before the poll closed.
Guess I timed it right.

TOO long, compared to ALL previous elections in which I've voted...waited at least a half hour this time around. Not cool.

Hmmm...shouldn't we have "express lines" for those of us who vote in EVERY election, regardless of the candidates, the issues, the "importance"? That was the sentiment of a few of us as we waited in the lines this evening. Heck, I waited 3 times as long as I normally do to vote. That's great, of course, but why should those of us who vote in EVERY election wait for those who do not?

Yes, I agree with the media's "historic" characterization of this election.

But, aren't ALL elections historic? Listening to the reports over the last few days, you'd think that this was the ONLY election that has EVER mattered ... that this is the only election that should appear in history books.

AND

...I'm still waiting for ANY political candidate to address the SINGLE population of the United States; all they talk about is helping "families" ... NOTHING whatsoever relevant to me.

...Since politicians are so big on "Minimum Wage" (the lowest hourly amount companies must pay employees), let's hear discussion about a MINIMUM VACATION (the days of vacation companies must at least allot to employees), too!

...Wouldn't it be nice if the politicians' power to raise campaign funds would translate into efforts to raise money for non-profit organizations and those in need?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I'm sick & tired of being politically correct" ... John Mellencamp ... 'Peaceful World'

I didnt have to wait at all...oh no...ooops it wasnt voting day here in Australia...gees with all the TV coverage it got no wonder I got confused...

We voted two weeks ago by mail-in ballot. Mail-in is NOT the same as absentee. Absentee means that you are not living in the same precinct in which you are voting, whether your home is across the country or just one town over, and you are voting by mail rather than making the trip to your precinct OR you will not be in your precinct on election day.

Early ballots (by any means) or mail-in ballots are for people who are living and voting in the same place, but are mailing or interneting rather than going to the polls.

In some places, absentee is the only not-going-live-to-the-polls choice, but where there IS a choice, it just bugs me when people don't note the difference.

There is one major advantage to living in the "sticks", my mother and I were in and out in less than half an hour! iKNOW THAT THERE WERE LINES AT A LOT OF POLLING PLACES EVEN IN PODUNK LOUISIANA.:D
The great turn out for this election shoul be remembered and used as a measure of success for future election everywhere in our nation. . Ournation is an example and considered the" free world" in most places around the world.My favorite history prof. always reminded us that the freedom to vote is like the Algebra we learn if you don't use it you can always lose it. I would waited as long as I had to , regardless of how long it was.
Lettitia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back