how does one recover

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laura, I know you have a lot weighing on your mind right now. Hopefully, you'll be able to take advantage of being in what I hope is a loving and caring environment of your mom's and recover. Only after that will you be able to expend the energy to figure out what is going on with everything else. Try and get what I'm sure is some much needed rest.

Kim

very sorry

very sorry

laura

i was sorry to read about your difficult situation and obviously your husband is to blame; your kids, the older ones should know better, are getting their cues from him. it is his duty to lead the family and he is leading them in the worst possible way.

my guess is he is not a good communicator and cannot express his concerns and feelings etc, none of which is any excuse for making your life bloody hell.

sorry to say this laura, but the big bonus of all this crap you are living thru is that you have had a chance to find out the truth about those around you and that you will emerge a stronger woman.

Laura- So glad you are safe and have a chance to get well in a caring environment. Your Mom will see to that. Does your church have a Stephen Ministry program? It might be a comfort to you......just a thought. Prayers are coming your way.

Thinking and praying for you, Laura. First and foremost, concentrate on getting well. Easier said than done, I know. I can't believe you have to go thru this right now...I'm so sorry. Please take care of YOU!

Dear, dear Laura! What a terrible mess for you! I agree with the people that say go to a hotel and let room service take care of you! However, if you're in the same situation I'm in, you can't really afford to do that. Is there any way you can GO stay with your Mom? Have you ever considered coming to Tennessee? You are welcome to my humble home. You wouldn't have kids to deal with...only dogs. Does your husband and kids not realize what a blessing it is to have you in their lives? My goodness! You had OHS!!!
Anything could have happened! WAKE UP FAMILY!!!! Seriously, you need to do whatever it takes to get your husband on board with you. Then he can make the kids straigthen up and fly right. I will pray for you...God works miracles everyday! Hugs (not to tight)!!!

My thoughts and hopes are with you tonight Laura. You've come through one of the toughest surgeries imaginable and should now be well on your way to a full recovery in a more peaceful environment. Breathe, eat, sleep and walk...let your heart and soul begin to heal and you'll be in a much better place in a short time. If you have the opportunity, perhaps you could meet with your minister or a professional for some counseling. In the meantime, keep posting and let us know how you are doing. You're part of the VR family now and we always keep a light buring on the front porch. Wishing you a better tomorrow. Jane

Laura,

I am still praying for you and am comforted to hear that you are out of the house. I know you must be sad, scared, worried about your children, etc. Please try to concentrate on getting better; the rest will still be there when you have recovered. You, on the other hand, will not be around without taking care of you. Hope your mom is aware of your needs.

May God bless you and keep you safe.

Laura have gone to your mothers?
Where ever you are, concentrate on yourself and no one else okay?

Please let us know how you are doing.

Oh no Laura, I'm so sorry. I just read through this whole post and it has made me so upset and scared for you. I hope you are safe and doing better out of the house. I'm sending you lots of good thoughts and big hugs.

Laura, leave the computer on the start of this post and leave it on so that he can see it and maybe he will read the entire post and he will get the idea.
If that doesn't unclog the brain stem a bit, make sure you have a good credit card, a bag of clothes and your meds and take off for a few weeks. Leave a note or not, doesn't matter just don't tell him where you are, now that should get their attention. When you get home introduce them to some new rules and if that doesn't work do same thing again but leave out the coming home part.
Of course if your problems are caused by severe depression then ignore the whole of the last paragraph and go see your doctor for some help.
Reinhard

Can you call your mom and go stay with her, leave them there to fend for themselves. You have to take care of yourself right now, you need rest and proper food. No stress at all, your body has been through a shock and your mind as well. I would go stay somewhere else if you could, they would miss me! That is ridiculous I feel so sorry for you! Many prayers! Girlfriend please take care of you! and you alone!

Obviouisly some of you did not see this in my post:

Hi Ross, Can you please forward this to the board.. Just not really into it right now... I left yesterday. I called and asked my Mom to come and get me after he nearly jumped on my chest and was screaming at me at the top of his lungs in front of my two small children.

Obviouisly some of you did not see this in my post:

Hi Ross, Can you please forward this to the board.. Just not really into it right now... I left yesterday. I called and asked my Mom to come and get me after he nearly jumped on my chest and was screaming at me at the top of his lungs in front of my two small children.

Ross, post 36 & 50 are the only other 2 I see from you on this thread.

It doesn't matter, Laura is out of that house. Hopefully she can now focus on her recovery.
Hope her husband stays put and doesn't go running after her.

Special prayers for you Laura coming your way - Take Care.

Do yourself a favor and go stay with a relative or at a hotel. Then when you are recovered enough you need to kick all their respective asses!

Hi Laura,

I am TRULY SORRY for the situation you are in. I went through something similar with my youngest son, but I did, and still do, have a wonderful husband. I just don't know what else to say, except I feel for you, and somehow, there IS AN ANSWER. Just please try not to be upset all the time. This is not good for your recovery. I think probably the best advise, was to have your cardio speak with your husband.

Please take care, and let us know how things are going.

Ross,

I am real sorry to receive this bit of information. Thanks for letting us know. Hope Laura will be all right!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You stay strong and remember that you did nothing to deserve this kind of nonsense. I have several friends who live in abusive relationships and it amazes me to watch them somehow turn the blame on themselves; don't do that. I hope things settle down for u soon. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi Laura,
I have only just read this thread im so sorry to hear what you are going through, imso glad you are at your mums. Please think carefully about what you are going to do. I was married to my first hubby for 17 years as soon as we married he changed years of mental abuse which i thought was my fault, never evr said sorry, then the physical abuse started, the first time he did it he said it would never happen again and i believed him, but it didnt, as i always say a leopard never changes its spots, what your hubby did to you well i dread to think what could of happened, this is a warning next time could be worse and there will be a next time he has shown his true colours and what he is capable of. Your kids are learning their behaviour from their dad, they think coz hes does it they can. Yes he must be stressed about you having your operation, but theres stress and theres stress. I left my first hubby after 17 years finally got the courage. I have since remarried to Andy who had been brillant i cant fault him, apart from keep asking me do i want anything to eat LOL. My son Ben whos 19 has been my carer, not many 19 year olds would look after their old mum. Please pm me i am here for you, as for friends i worked in the same place for 28 years and i thought i had many friends there but do you know only 2 have been there for me, i have found who my true friends are.
Please take care i know many will read this who havent been through that kind of relationship and think give him another chance, but i am the opposite.
Take Care
With love
Jane

Latest posts

Back