home testing in Oz

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brad72

Does any one know where to find home testing machines in Australia and at what cost

Hi Brad,
My boyfriend Jim has a Coaguchek S monitor. We're in the UK and he got that one because the test strips are available on prescription. It's probably worth checking with your GP or cardiologist about which one they'd recommend for you (if any specific one), but you can contact Roche Diagnostics (the makers of Coaguchek) at: http://www.coaguchek.co.uk/content/contact/index.html
You can tell them what country you're in and Australia is included. Found them to be very helpful here in the UK whenever we've needed to ring them.
Gemma.

Brad72 said:
Does any one know where to find home testing machines in Australia and at what cost

Brad
I am based in Melbourne.

I have a Coaguchek machine that works well for me. I have used it for a couple of years now. My surgeon and GP think it is a good idea to monitor INR closely, especially when travelling.

The supplier is John Price. You can contact him at jprice @adesse.com.au.
John also supplies test strips etc. and delivers nationwide.

Please let me know if you need more detail or have trouble making contact.

Cheers

Greg

Coagucheck in Oz - a Perth perspective

Coagucheck in Oz - a Perth perspective

Brad

From my research I have found that the Coagucheck S Prices are as per below;

Machine / power supply / batteries / manual / Softclix lancet device / Softclix lancets and carry case $Aus 1200 plus GST
Coagucheck PT Mini Test Strips (Pack 12) - $Aus 82.65 (GST Exempt)
Coagucheck PT Mini Test Strips (pack 48) - $Aus 270.00
Coagucheck PT Control (pack 4) - Aus 42.00 plus GST

This represents a test price of appox $Aus 6.00

I guess 6 gold coins can be as little or as much as your personal situation makes it... although Medicare covers the cost where I get tested you can also sit in the waiting room for the phlebotomist (now theres a trivia question for you )to call you in for the opportunity to yet again be stuck with a needle.

Anyway I guess you need to decide if the up front capital cost and ongoing expenses outweigh the disruption and cost of your time - plus being stuck with needles into your continually scarring veins...

Apparently at the end of the March 05 they were trying to put in place an interest free payment option over a 12 month period.

Above an INR of 4.0 the results apparently start to diverge from the standard test results - as per the documentation ROCHE diagnostics sent me.

the Aussie contact numbers are : 1800 645 619

Generally distributed through ROCHE Diagnostics.

More info on the web also at www.coagucheck.com

It seems that the insurers are a little hesitant in coming forward to rebate the cost of the machine and strips / consumeables but there has been rumours of it occurring. If we all start to ask though...

Trust this helps in addition to the info from others above.

regards

Russell

Latest posts

Back