Home Sweet Home after surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noel

Surgery brought a few surprises...for example, we did not know his aortic valve was also leaking severely...not did we know he had a hole in his heart. Dr. McGiffin could hardly believe he was not having symptoms. The night before surgery he came in and told Noel he had a perfectly good case to argue against doing it right now if he chose not to...but Noel told him he'd had enough nightmares to last a while, he wanted it over with and it's probably a very good decision since the two new unknowns came up. He is doing well...appetite not great but sure that will come back soon. We are certainly happy to be home. UAB turned out to be a great place...Dr. McGiffin is wonderful...and my daughter and I stayed at the Marriott Hotel which connected to the hospital and so we were able to go and come in safety. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and I do hope that anyone else following in our footsteps will know it's not impossible to do. Feel free to ask us any questions...I may not know the answers but I can give you encouragement.

Such great news. I am so happy that everything turned out so well, and that Noel's heart which held some surprises, is now fixed.

Most of us don't like the surprises but I'm glad they were all taken care of. Things will improve daily and you'll be back to normal before you know it.

Latest posts

Back