Home from hospital!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinmaker

Well, I think I've decided that bathing is a contact sport. I won't be on here too long but wanted to give a quick update on my post last week. I slipped and fell getting into our tub a week ago Wed. Two days later, the bruising started and left leg was swelling. Took my INR on Sat. and it was 4.0. Called cardiologist and spoke with the nurse on call. We lowered my daily dose of Coumadin to 7mg. By Sunday, the bruising was worse and the pain was unbearable. Went to ER and I had torn my hamstring and my adductor muscles. Because Coumadin was a little high, I was bleeding into my leg. The ortho considered surgery to relieve the hematoma in my leg but played it conservative. No surgery. Glad about that. Anyway, my hemaglobin dropped like a rock and I had to have four units of blood. Since I was given Vit K on Sunday night to stop the bleeding and my coumadin was stopped it has taken a while for me to get into range again. They restarted my coumadin and put me on a heparin drip on Tuesday and we watched for the recurrance of any bleeding which didn't happen. Anyway, my INR was up to 2.05 this morning so I was sprung from the hospital today. My leg is still swollen and bruised but getting better each day. The pain is still pretty intense. After 28 years on coumadin this is the first time I've fallen so I guess I've been pretty blessed. I'm not bad mouthing coumadin and never will. I guess I'll just have to clean out the leftover soap bubbles in my tub after my grandbabies take a bath before me.:eek: LINDA

I know, I know. I guess it's just my pride keeping me from doing it. I mean, I am only 56, at least for a few more days!:D I will be more careful getting in although I don't feel as though I was careless this time. Just wasn't thinking about the soap residue left on the tub from the night before when four little ones under the age of five took a bath together!:eek: LINDA

I know, I know. I guess it's just my pride keeping me from doing it. I mean, I am only 56, at least for a few more days!:D I will be more careful getting in although I don't feel as though I was careless this time. Just wasn't thinking about the soap residue left on the tub from the night before when four little ones under the age of five took a bath together!:eek: LINDA

I nearly did the same thing. I now make sure the mat is down before I even think about stepping in. Of course, I'm the only human on earth that can fall asleep standing. Look at my tawdry shirt pic to see the damage that did to my arm. I got my side good too, but you can't see that.

I'm so glad you're doing okay - and get that nonskid mat! You can always tell people it's so your grandkids don't slip. I have one for my granddaughter. ;)

Linda, I'm glad that you are on the mend.
I've had a rubber bath/shower mat since forever.....what on earth is supposed to be embarrassing about safety?
If there isn't a mat I refuse to get in.
The bath/shower is the most dangerous place in a home. Seriously, y'all need to use your mats.

I don't use coumadin but have the mat. daughter left it upside down when she cleaned it - it has suction cups on the bottom. nearly fell trying to get my feet off the suction cups - they were stuck!

glad you are on the mend. we know you will be careful. blessins.........

Latest posts

Back