Home finally!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BAMAMATT

Hey guys!

I made it home about 9 pm last night. The only hitch came Monday, when returning from a walk around the hospital, I felt a flutter, my heart started racing and befere I could sit down (pulse hit 250), there were three nurses on top of me! Apparently, I had gone into a fib. After several hours on some kind of rhythm drug, they did a cardio evasion? sp which put me right back on rhythm!Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. I hope every one elses' surgeries went as well as mine.

Matt

Welcome home, Matt! Glad to hear it went well despite the little bump in the road. Best wishes for a smooth and speedy recovery from here on.

Welcome home 'Bama.

Some guys will do anything to get three nurses on top of them. Wish I'd thought of that...

It's scary and disappointing when these setbacks occur, but they are temporary, and they "don't count" when all is said and done, so don't be driven by them. I had AFib the second night, likely caused by an irritation interaction between my lungs, my heart, and the chest tube (I had one, larger one).

Recover. Don't forget, you're not "sick," so you need to do more than lounge. You're also not full of energy reserves, so what you do should be short and not exotic. Expand things as your energy expands. Movement is necessary and beneficial, so make sure that everything you intend to use later in life is moved every day.

Don't lie in a recliner all day in a "C" curl. Or stuff your pillows in such a way as to create that shallow-btreathing "C." Make sure your back is straight, so you are breathing fully - and remember to intentionally breathe using all of your lung space several times a day. Because of the nature of the surgery and also its effects on the lungs, your mother gave you the best advice when you were a child: posture, posture, posture! Sit straight, walk straight, breathe fully. Use that lower lobe of lung that you've always ignored.

Be happy. You're home. Ain't no place like it.

Welcome home- glad to see you posting. Can't add anything to all the good advice you got from Bob. Just enjoy being home and slowly, but surely recover!

Wow Bob, great advice...I will TRY and remember that when I have my surgery.

Thanks
Just Kathy

Matt,

Congratulations on successful surgery. Sorry to hear about the a-fib. Hopefully that will be a one-time occurrence for you.

Stay strong.

Congratulations!
I too, second Bob's post - it's excellent advice.
I won't tell Chris about your stunt with the nurses- he might store it in his memory bank and give it a try next time!

Yolanda

Glad you are home...

Glad you are home...

Matt,
Great news and welcome home! There is no place like it....especially after being in a hospital for almost a week. Glad to hear that your surgery went well. I had an a-fib the night following my surgery too, but that's the only one I've had. Hopefully you won't have anymore either.

Bob gave very good advice! Re-read his post. He touched on one piece of very good advice - make a concerted effort to take deep breaths often. I'd still use my incentive spirometer several times a day to keep those lungs 'full'. It sucks and it doesn't feel good, but you'll be better off in the long run!!

Here's wishing you a very uneventful recovery!

Take care and God Bless!

Matt,

WELCOME HOME!

Thoughts/prayers coming your way for a continued SUCCESSFUL recovery :).

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Do you remember me, too?" ... Stereo Fuse ... 'Everything'

Matt, glad to see your post and congratulations
Bet if feels good to be home,glad to see you back
and posting .....Take care,Take it easy now

zipper2

Matt Congratulations and a big welcome home!
I too had the Afib on my second day after surgery which was just 10 days ago. I havent had any issues since than. Now make sure and take it very easy for a good while!

Latest posts

Back