High heart rate

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danguy

Hello,

I am two weeks post surgery, just now have a heart rate of 160. Previously my heart rate was 90-100. Somebody had the same problem? I called the doctor, they promised to call back in several minutes.

Hi. I hope your heart rate settled back down, and you got a call back from your doctor. My husband post op had resting heart rate in the 110-130 range at two weeks post op. He had one episode of a fib on and off for a few hours. It was during the weekday, the cardiologist had us meet him in the office, run and EKG and echo, changed meds a bit. 8 weeks now, rate is down in 80's. The surgeon and cardiologist both said it is pretty "normal" for elevated rates and some irregularities for first three months especially with young hearts (adrenalin, general irritation, inflammation) and would settle down with time and rest. I think I posted questions/concerns regarding heart rate back then and got lots of folks that also had similar experiences.

Latest posts

Back