High Blood Pressure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt Granny

I have been experiencing some bouts with high blood pressure lately. I normally do not have it. It seems however that when I am under stress :p (My LIFE is one big stress), that it seems to go up.
I had my heart cath on 12/3/03 and meet with a surgeon tomorrow on the 17th. They said that my heart had alot of pressure :rolleyes: , whatever that means. I know I am nerves about tomorrow, but I wonder if high pressure is a part of it all?
Hey I think I might have one of my outside cats given away?:D :D :D . Someone called city hall to look for a kitten because the kids down her street decided they wanted a cat and took hers and do not want to give it back.:p . Anyway I will keep yall posted
MERRY CHRISTMAS

same confusion

same confusion

Hi Granny, Aunty, whatever

I was told somthing similar while talking with a surgeon. He said I'm not talking about high blood pressure, but about high blood pressure in the left ventrical of your heart. The too high pressure can cause heart problems. ( enlargment, I guess)

Keep abreast of things, its your life:)

Aunt Granny:

My BP went up the last several months pre-op. My PCP & cardiologist were not worried very much, because my BP had been normal until my valve began deterioriating. I was under stress because of the valve problem and was less active, which raised my BP.
I have a Samsung automatic BP monitor, and test my BP from time to time -- it's at normal. However, I get white coat syndrome at the Dr. office and it's up a little then, but not enough that they get concerned. :D

I e-mailed you yesterday (12/16). Let me know how your appt. today goes.

You can have high pressures inside your heart and not necessarily have systemic high blood pressure. My husband is a good example of that. The high pressures inside his heart were caused by pulmonary hypertension. That is just one scenario.

Latest posts

Back