Hi Significant others

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Hello Dick.......

Well Hello Dick.......

Hey Dick,

So the score is one all now, but I'm glad you included Balcony Bob in your post, cause next weeks 'caption' contest will be on a picure of him which I took in Nashville, but which is still under 'wraps.'

Your pic is already creating interest among members, but just wait till you see Bob's. To say that it's 'over-exposed' would be an under-statement.

Watch out for it at the weekend.

Oh No!

Oh No!

Hey Billy...........that was Dick's remark about the dress (NOT MINE!) you wore and the 4inch pumps (actually with legs like yours, 5 inchers would have really got me over the edge!)

Be kind to me Billy.

Sounds like Billy is going to have something over on just about everyone that was in Nashville.

Billy, I am a bit upset at you....for not modeling the dress and pumps for me as well.

lol

Ben

Hey Ben!

Hey Ben!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But you looked the best in that tight sequined dress.......

but the table dances have to come to a stop. At 6'2", Billy was in ceiling fan territory.

husbands surgary monday the 5th

husbands surgary monday the 5th

So glad to see this forum. As I have said on other forums, my husband has been leaking out of his St Judes valve since last June
and they are going to replace it on Monday. The doctor said there is a chance they will need to only put some stitches in but not likely. We have been through this before when he had his first surgery in April of 2000 when he also had 4 bypasses. He was off work 5 months for that one and I am hoping he can get back to normal sooner for this one. It will be harder to get out and walk this time since we live in Michigan and the weather is a lot worse in Nov and Dec than May and June like last time. His age is 54.
Maggie

hi maggie!
welcome! so glad to have you with us. this is an amazing place. we'll keep you company and hold your hand through this one if you'd like. monday is around the corner, it'll be here before you know it. in the meantime, we're all here for you.
please keep us posted on what's going on.
God bless you and your husband,
sylvia

Thank you to all

Thank you to all

Hi! I do not post often.......but I do lurk here almost every day. My husband (55) had double valve surgery on 10/3, and we are together working our way through the Dr.
's appointments, med changes, etc. He will drive today for the first time. Emotions...........I have done well, I think, through the grace of God. We knew since before we married that we would face this one day, as we knew he had valve damage when he had rheumatic fever at 18. But, the day finally came and we were prepared for it. There really was no choice. CHF and a-fib finally pushed him over the top. My only problem now is that every Sunday at Mass, I cry. I have no idea what the folks around me think. And, I have almost no idea about why I am crying. I am just so very grateful to have my husband here with me and getting better. He still has a laundry list of small problems, including anemia, a-fib, tiredness, pain in his leg, etc.etc.etc., but overall......he is better than he was.
So, I just wanted to say hi, finally.
and.......I wanted to especially thank Nancy for all of her private e-mails, encouragement, and help over the past few months. She is a very very special person, and I feel like I have made a new friend. Thank you Nancy.
Marybeth

Hi Marybeth-

Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad for you and Wayne. I told you he would come out a winner. Driving! Now that's a milestone.
That will prove to himself that he really is getting better.

As to the crying at Mass, no need to explain to anyone. Church is a release for many and it brings with it feelings that are just under the surface. Let people think it's the beauty of the service. In the past it used to bring tears to my eyes when the organist hit a sour note, or the choir was flat. LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back