Hi! I'm New Here- 38 yrs old need MV repair/replace

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nebtargh said:
let me tell you we are lucky because years ago they're was no fixing these things.

What!? You mean they can repair these things now instead of just ripping them out? That's one of the things I was alluding to about back in the day. There was no repair choice for me. And yet this has not been a difficult journey. Mental anguish in the beginning, yes, but it's been a good 15 years, at least 10 of which I mightn't have had a generation earlier.

Hi Linda,

One of my cousins had his mitral valve replaced last October at UPenn; he is in his mid 30s. His surgeon was Dr. Ackerman. The surgery went well and he recovered quickly. They initially attempted a less invasive valve repair (incision through the side) but it did not work at all and he had to go for the full open heart, mechanical valve.

This is a great site. My husband is the patient; reading about the experiences of everyone here has been very informative and helpful for improving my peace of mind!

Best of luck -

Meghan

Latest posts

Back