Hereditary Vavle Disorders

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt Granny

This weekend I found out that a third cousin had to have a valve replacement. I was wondering just how your family can play apart in this thing. My Dad had an enlarged heart, and die from a heart attack. My Mom had congestive heart failure that she died from. I also had a nephew that died at birth from heart complications. There was nothing prior to delivery that indicated heart problems. My nieces' heart was helping his to beat. I worry that my other nieces and nephews, and their families my be in danger. Any commits from anyone?:(

Personally I hate the word hereditary. Yes, it can play a role in these things, but how big of one is what is hard to say. This stuff can skip a generation or two and then smack someone unsuspectingly. I would say that if someone knows that another family member has been diagnosed with any heart disease, it is worth having everyone watched afterwards. That's the thing, you just never know.

I inherited my coarctation from my dad. He had a tricuspid aortic valve though. I know there was a similar history of those things in his side of the family. It's kinda hard to trace valve problems back too many years as people could die without ever knowing the cause.

I sure had my son checked out until he was about 5 years of age to rule out any problems. Also decided not to have any more kids once we found out about my valve.

Heather

Have found it to be hereditary in my family. We could not figure it out in the few years proceeding surgery.

Eventually....issues with other family members did surface.:(

I believe the heredity idea. My mother's side had several deaths due to heart problems. I don't have details, but am convinced that my heart problems are family related.

Yes, of course hereity places a part

Yes, of course hereity places a part

The basis of all human disease is defined by our genes.
We get our genes from our biological parents, thus we inherit
disease tendancies. As we begin to unravel the human genome,
the cause of heart disease will be found and corrected by gene
therapy. It won't happen in most everyone's life time- but it is
only a matter of time and the willingness to fund the research.

sorry havent posted in awhile

sorry havent posted in awhile

im the first to ever have problems with my heart and my valves,i know because of the accident and the trauma to my heart is what the doctors have said to be the stinkler of all this ugliness,im always wondering in the back of my mind is this at all hereditary ecspecially those fatal heart rythems that caused so much damaged.Im guilty at night of going to my eldest nieces chest and putting my hand on her heart to count the beats,many times have done this and during the day her rate can get up to 130,i asked her peditrician,but he said that children have fast rates,im just scared and dont want cayla to even having to come close to dealing with this because someone didnt catch it in time,any suggestions?
I do really mean that not one soul in my family has ever had heart trouble like i had"I bet my sister was right at age ten,she told me i was sent from mars and truly had me convinced:D " maybe thats where i can trace my family roots,if you ever get to know me you would probaly believe it too.oh by the way i was only three when she told me this!

Latest posts

Back