Help !!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovejoy

formerly Beautiful Ozarks, near Branson, MO, now C
I need help. My husbands employer changed insurance carriers this month, and now I am having a MAJOR problem getting test strips for my IN-Ratio machine. The new insurance says since there are no "local" providers, I will have to have a $2000. deductible and than they will only pay 50%. I will say they are trying to find them, but I am getting VERY frustrated! I live in N. Arkansas. NOTHING is local!! Does anyone know if the test strips are sold anywhere other than Qas or Raytel? Maybe someplace in Mo or Ar? They have to be part of the "PHCS" network.
I am just so fed up with everything. I put my business up for sale, my daughters being a brat (shes 28) I miss my grandkids, my business just got fined, my husband is being a jerk, my dogs pushed me out of bed last night! I'm sorry for the whine, just have to vent sometimes, can't say all this to family, cause they'll either freak out or be indifferent. And my friend of 30 years is in heaven now.
And I go see cardio on Monday.

I am so sorry to hear of all the stuff you are dealing with. Trying to get coverage for medical treatment should not be so much of a hassle.

I do not know of any other company that sells the test strips although you could try contacting Hemosense directly.

Hi Lovejoy:

What a PITA insurance companies can be! Local schmocal! I'll bet they don't care where your provider is as long as they'll cut your insurance company a deal on price, i.e., join the PHCS network. Looks like Jason Tyler is the guy to talk to at Hemosense. Good luck to you. (BTW, I did manage to get one hospital added to my insurance company's national network, so that my bills would be covered at a higher rate. My insurance company has a system in place to nominate a provider online. I had to give them the name, address and who to contact at the hospital, which took a phone call or two. The insurance company contacted the hospital and, apparently, got them to agree to some rate schedule and now the hospital's in network. Maybe your insurance has a similar process?)

http://www.hemosense.com/company/us_jtyler.shtml

Jason Tyler, Regional Business Manager
[email protected]

Why not buy on Ebay? Several locations all the time. Our company just changed insurance carriers and I and QAS couldn't get BC/BS of Louisiana to pay and now I'm with BC/BS of Illinois. They probably communicate with one another but I'm goint to try anyway. If not successful again this time, I'm buying one off Ebay.

Amy

Latest posts

Back