HELP with dosage

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INRtest

First, I've been on a pretty steady dosage of 55.5 mg's per week and happily maintaining an INR of
3.7 (lab 2/26/08); 55.5 mg
3.2 (1st home test 2/26/08); 55.5 mg
3.5 (home test 3/10); 55.5 mg
2.6 (home test 3/28); 55.5 mg
4.00 (home test 4/23); 55.5 mg - After this test, I reduced to 52.5...
1.70 (home test 5/01); 52.5 mg

Before I got my INRatio in February I had lab tested about once a month and held pretty steady. I tested this evening (I have ALWAYS tested in the morning, but this morning I ruined 3 test strips because of not enough sample, so I waited until tonight.

Should I increase my 52.5 by 20% and check in a week?
Would an evening test vary by that much vs. a morning test?

I'm afraid to consult w/ my dr. for fear that I'll hear how inaccurate self-testing is.

Thank you in advance. I'm getting ready to take 11.5 mg for tonight and then wonder about the rest of the week.

Jess

Looks like I may have missed a dose -- maybe even two. I took my "pills" out of my daily pill box yesterday, but I just found two 7.5 Warfarins from the last two days.

Tonight I took 9.5 and I'm off to bed. I'll re-test on Sunday and expect it all to be getting closer to normal. If you're reading this and you don't have to worry about your INR, lucky you. If you have a VR, then be careful like I usually am, not like I have been for the past 48 hours. :confused:

Reading what I'm reading 55.5mg for the week is your sweet spot. I vote that you keep that for at least two more cycles and see how you do.

Latest posts

Back