HELP PLEASE !!!! PVCS and fast heart rate 3 month post surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebaneso

hello everybody im a 25 years old male , i had had a sudden heart symptom and so i had mitral valve repair 3 month ago and according to 3 echos everything is great however i am not because after the last echo my doctor stopped the 250mg concor and so my heart rate jumped to 105 when im at rest plus lately im having many PVCs that i can feel sometimes 7 per hour i called my doctor and he said this is normal and it would last several month but the thing is i became extremely anxious to the point that i cant continue my life because i continue thinking that im about to die from ventricular fibrillation !
my doctor prescribed me anti stress medication but im still very stressed because i always have PVCS and my heart jumps very quick when i climb stairs or run and now i fell odd and dizzy all the time and like i am about to fall
So my question is the following is my doctor right am i really just anxious and can anxiety cause all these PVCS and heart rate and when will they go away please help me tell me what should i do anyone who has been in my shoes im really desperate!!!!!

I agree with your doctor. I am facing heart surgery and when I am worrying, my symptoms are much worse. Worry and anxiety can do terrible things to our bodies, so try to get yourself calm even when you have symptoms. It will be hard at first, but eventually you will feel a lot better. :eek:

hi, anxiety can make pvcs worse , when i get them they can last hrs and i have hundreds, there are horrible and i hate the pesky things, but after many tests etc the docs are not worried by them, if you are still worried by them go back to the docs

It's normal to feel anxious about your health after experiencing something as dramatic as heart surgery. I know this from personal experience. I've been through it two times. In my opinion, you need to relax and stop worrying so much. If you're having trouble with anxiety, mention it to your doctor.

A heart rate of 105 is not abnormal. I'm 51 years old and my heart rate can jump to 105 if my pretty wife walks by. :)

PVCs feel strange but they are not dangerous and they are not the same as ventricular fibrillation. I've had PVCs for years with no bad consequences. If you want to lower your heart rate over time, exercise regularly, lose weight if you're heavy, avoid excessive alcohol consumption and don't smoke.

i ve lost 13 kg because of surgery and i still cant get my weight back ( i lost all the muscles) i cant exercise because when i do my heart rate jumps to 170 or 180 i think and i fell its going to pump out , my problem is i cant see any progress and the pvcs get worse and i read that more than 10 per hour is bad,
im worried that i have stopped beta blocker earlier than i should and suddenly and sometimes when i take my pulse with the monitor it shows arrythmia sign when its above 110 is it because of the PVCS???

........ am i really just anxious and can anxiety cause all these PVCS and heart rate and when will they go away please help me tell me what should i do......
PVCs are normal for everyone, and certainly after heart surgery. Anxiety can trigger an attack of PVC(my experience). I still have them, although infrequently, mild and of short duration, and it's been a long time since my surgery. Your anxiety, and PVCs, should subside as you continue to recover....but always keep your doctor informed if YOU feel anything out of order. If you are currently on anti-coagulant drugs, that should help protect you during these longer PVC episodes.

Take a deep breath and try to relax, the worst is behind you.

thanks a lot i know my PVC s are not very dangerous and i only feel a few an hour ( its like i lose my breath ) and only for the last few days since im really anxious and that the last echocardiographie showed normal heart muscles and functions but i really need to see a decline in my heart rate , PVCs and the sudden mild chest pains how much time does this need ? its already been 3 months isnt that enough and

in brief i know that increased PVCs in individuals with heart disease mean this person is at risk of ventricular fibrillation ! am i a candidate or since i had surgery i am not a person with heart disease anymore????

hello everybody im a 25 years old male , i had had a sudden heart symptom and so i had mitral valve repair 3 month ago and according to 3 echos everything is great however i am not because after the last echo my doctor stopped the 250mg concor and so my heart rate jumped to 105 when im at rest plus lately im having many PVCs that i can feel sometimes 7 per hour i called my doctor and he said this is normal and it would last several month but the thing is i became extremely anxious to the point that i cant continue my life because i continue thinking that im about to die from ventricular fibrillation !
my doctor prescribed me anti stress medication but im still very stressed because i always have PVCS and my heart jumps very quick when i climb stairs or run and now i fell odd and dizzy all the time and like i am about to fall
So my question is the following is my doctor right am i really just anxious and can anxiety cause all these PVCS and heart rate and when will they go away please help me tell me what should i do anyone who has been in my shoes im really desperate!!!!!

I can relate my personal experience but before you follow my treatment you must clear it with your doctor. I was 72, fifteen years ago and had a mitral valve replacement. After surgery I had a resting heart rate of 110 and lots of PVC's Yes, I was anxious and depressed. My cardiologist stopped all meds except warfarin. He prescribed treadmill 45',3 mph, 4 times a week with heart rate over 120 bpm for at least 20'. My heart rate was monitored by a strap on PolarPacer. My resting heart rate gradually came down and in about six weeks my resting heart rate was in the 60's! And...no more PVC's
You are a young guy,I think you will do well. Marty

I'm getting those. I wore a 24 hour ECG monitor and wrote in a diary every time I felt them. It was nice to see the monitor picked them up at the same time as I recorded that I felt them. I get them whether my heart is going fast or slow. My cardiologist said they're normal but just unpleasant. My beta blocker dose has been halved and it didn't make them worse in fact when my heart went too slowly the PVCs were just as unpleasant as when it goes fast. I don't know the answer except to accept that they're not anything bad, just one of these unpleasant things we have to put up with after OHS :( Oh, just adding, that when I do some exercise I don't notice the PVCs but when I stop exercising I do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back