HELP difficulty with home testing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

heartyone

My husband has been using a ProTime II for 2 years following valve replacement. Starting last spring he started having trouble with the unit not sucking in the blood from the cuvette. He went through hoops with telephone help at QAS where they were convinced he was doing something wrong or the cuvettes were defective. He continues to have difficulty and was again unable to test his blood this week. The unit does not suck in any of the blood from the cup into the cuvette once you've clicked the collection cup into place and pushed the button.

He's hesitant to do the phone call thing again, because he knows how that works.

HELP.

Ross and Karlynn,

Wow, I wish you two were answer the phones at QAS. See, calling is the problem. My husband has been through the phone call thing three times now and can't bear another go at it. I'm hoping the QAS person who monitors this forum will read this and give us a different avenue for help.

Each time we've called about this problem we've been run over the hurdles and treated as if there couldn't possibly be anything wrong with the unit, it must be something wrong with the way the blood's being collected or something we're doing. It's making us nuts. My husband's about ready to throw this thing in the crapper and go to the dr for testing.

I have a ProTime 3 and never had problems getting the blood to draw up into the cuvette's channels.

QAS can handle getting the unit repaired, or you can go through the manufacturer, ITC.
I had to send mine back last year to have some work done on it (still under warranty). Even thought I got mine through QAS, I called ITC and they sent me a loaner unit to use while mine was worked on. Mine was returned w/in 3-4 weeks. I shipped the loaner unit back then. Had to provide a CC # to get the loaner unit -- if you don't ship the loaner back w/in X days or weeks (maybe it's like 3 months), they charge you for it.
QAS later told me they could have handled getting my unit repaired.

Hell

Hell

I'm sorry that you are having problems with the QAS phone technical support. I would suggest calling me, Lance Visnich, at 800-298-4515 ext 2865. Another avenue may be calling the manufacturers technical support line at 800-631-5945, and follow prompts to technical support. Thanks!

Lance

Kudos to Lance

Kudos to Lance

Kudos and thousands of points to Lance at QAS for his help. He directed me to the manufacturer who via phone call took one minute to decide the pump inside the machine is broken. Unfortunately, the machine is out of warranty, but that's a detail to be dealt with later.

Hurrah, that was easy. :) Thanks, I needed that.

How to work with the MD Office

How to work with the MD Office

I am so excited that I was finally approved for a meter last week after 2 years of trying :) . It was delivered yesterday and I used it this morning. My first one was an error with a air bubble of some sort. Working with the drops of blood is hard. It has to be in the right spot or it will run down the finger. Anyway, I haven't set up a protocol with my cardiologist's office. Could you kind folks tell me how you do it? Do you test every week and call them or what. I am not Medicare age so I don't have to it the Medicare way which is nice. My email is [email protected] if you would like to email me there. I would really like some experienced assistance so I do this al correctly. Thanks so much.

Initially I talked to my doctor's office every time I tested just to make them comfortable that I knew what I was doing. Now I simply call if I make any changes in my dose because I want my file to be up to date.

If they will be making any adjustments for you, just call them with the results and they will tell you if a change needs to be made.

I also took my machine in to the office to let them see how it worked and that I knew how to operate it.

Latest posts

Back