Hello Everyone

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

I am so sorry for my selfishness in not posting an update sooner.

My surgery went without a hitch, apart from the morphine reaction out of the epidural. Even the roof of my mouth itched for 24 hours! Benedryl knocked me out for about 90 minutes per shot, but I could only have one of those every 8 hours. I was ready to hit the nurse over the head with my IV stand when she told me that. I know it's not the nursing staff's fault apart from not calling the doc to get something, ANYTHING, to help.

Now I have a stable left knee, and none too soon. My right is falling apart from the injury to it and its arthritic condition. I don't think I've asked the right to bear as much workload in nearly 15 years as I have these past 2 weeks.

We aren't having any seasonal stresses here. Our family doesn't put on the trappings and finery of Christmas apart from a special dinner on a lovely table that day. Instead, and this was my 11 year old (at the time) daughter's idea, we take the money saved on wrapping, trimmings and gifts and use it towards a shopping excursion to Edmonton or maybe this year, Calgary. I'll have to see what the knee can take. Our little holiday may need postponing until a better time, at least one when I'm not on crutches.

She's making noises about going downhill skiing with her Daddy this year too. So that may be the next best thing to mall-crawling.

Again, I'd like to say how sorry I am for not stopping in sooner. Blessings to all.

:) Pamela.

Good to hear that all went fine, Pamela- except for that little morphine hitch.:( Hope you and yours have a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

Pamela, so glad to hear from you and everything went well.
Look after yourself and that new knee of yours :)
Blessings and have a joyous holiday

Greetings,
freddie

Good to hear things went well. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but your issue brings up an iteresting topic. Does anyone know why the hospital doesn't check a person's reaction to painkillers BEFORE surgery? I had a bad reaction to morphine after my OHS, and it caused about an hour of vomiting at perhaps the worst point in your life to have issues with vomiting. From others' posts on this site, it doesn't seem to be uncommon to have a similar issue. Wouldn't it make more sense to try a very small amount on a person and see if there is a reaction when they are in relatively good shape?

Just an observation...

MikeHeim said:
Good to hear things went well. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but your issue brings up an iteresting topic. Does anyone know why the hospital doesn't check a person's reaction to painkillers BEFORE surgery? I had a bad reaction to morphine after my OHS, and it caused about an hour of vomiting at perhaps the worst point in your life to have issues with vomiting. From others' posts on this site, it doesn't seem to be uncommon to have a similar issue. Wouldn't it make more sense to try a very small amount on a person and see if there is a reaction when they are in relatively good shape?

Just an observation...
Mike, before OHS I met with the anesthesiologists assistant....I specifically told her to make note that I react very strongly to meds, and anesthetics. I am only able to handle the smallest dose, and please give me only child size dosing. Did that happen? Nope. I was real sick, had constant nausea, etc.

Pamela,

The update is certainly appreciated ... glad it went well, overall....

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I can't stay on your morfeine, cause it's making me itch" ... Pink ... 'Just Like A Pill'

Latest posts

Back