Heart Survey

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeWayne

Did anyone else get an email from the Survey For Heart Valve Surgery Patients & Caregivers saying they were going to use a quote from you in the book and want a picture?
Just curious as to if everyone that filled out the survey got one or not.

I remember once upon a time entering a poetry contest only to be selected for the book, then they wanted to sell me the book for a bunch of money lol. (I didn't fall for that one :)

I didn't but as I recall one of the questions was something along the lines of whether you wanted to be unanonymous in the research and I answered yes.

DeWayne,
I also marked the question yes for not using my name and information and I didn't get the email you describe. Your poetry book example reminds me of getting my bio put into the 'big fancy book' recognizing college students and them wanting me to buy the book for several hundred dollars!! Pretty creative marketing! :D

Hey DeWayne,

It's Adam, the guy who wrote you that email about the survey.

So you know, I picked 15 select responses to the question, "What is the best piece of advice you would give future patients and caregivers?", for publication.

While each response to that question was good and helpful, I had to limit those going to print.

So, to answer your question, not everyone's response will be included in that chapter.

And, to assure everyone who filled out the survey, if you elected to have your answers provided anonymously, your personal responses will not be included in the next printing of the book.

I hope that helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

And, again, thanks for your help on the survey. So far, almost 100 former patients and caregivers have responded to the survey.

FYI, having looked at the preliminary survey results, I believe this inforrmation will greatly help future members of the heart valve surgery community - both patients and caregivers.

Again... thanks!

Cheers,

Adam

P.S. I too am familiar with poetry.com's business model. I assure you that my intentions with this book and research are not of a similar nature. :)

Latest posts

Back