"Heart" Pillow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, man, i was ripped off! i dinna get nae pillow!

all they gave me was one of these to squeeze.....

and, yeah, we just called her 'baby' too......

BigOwl,

I meant to post this last night, but the server may have been down. Thank you for dubbing me an honorary Texan, but.............

I am a true Texan (the only Texan in my family at that), born in Corpus! I left this country (Texas) in 1988 due to a psycho female and in part to the sour economy affecting Houston around the time of my departure for the land of cheese - Switzerland. After 20 years there, Altria (Philip Morris) decided to spin-off Kraft Foods, and asked me if I wanted to go to Chicago. I decided it was a good idea and time to do something else. So I did! LOL

Regards,
Roderick

Yay for heart pillows! I got not one but TWO...one after valve replacement and another when I had to go back a month later with infection :(
I tried to tell them I already had one so they could keep this one for a new patient.
I have since given one to my best friend's dad who's sick with cancer. They brighten up the room and are nice to hold on to.
I kept the other one...but if someone comes along who needs one, I will happily pass it on, as I see it now as a symbol of strength, since it helped me come through OHS.

Melissa

I'm not using mine anymore, or just a little, but I will as soon as I start driving - I'll need it when I get back to Chicago and have to deal with their POT HOLES!!!

Ironically, I never used my heart pillow in the car....

A friend of ours from the church Mom and Dad attend made a stuffed animal for me. I still have it ... and it is on my bed right now ... waiting for me to get to bed.

*sighs*

If only I could sleep...lol.

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"So many things, they come and go" ... Cher ... 'I Found Someone'

I was given a red, heart-shaped pillow. However, for the most part I have been bracing one arm against my chest and hugging it with the other, since I am coughing a lot and don't have the pillow with me at all times.

The wrapping your hands around someone's neck sounds a bit problematic. I would refer to anyone who has more knowledge of physical therapy than I do, which is most people. I would think by doing this you are still causing your arms and muscles to support your full weight, which I imagine is more than 10 lbs. When I needed help standing up in the hospital, the nurses told me to use my hands to balance myself but not to hold on tightly, while they lifted me. I would be interested if anyone else has an opinion on this one.

here is me with my heart pillow... it looks big but if you hold it sideways your arm fits right in between the arches and you can really hug tightly.

Latest posts

Back