Having trouble sleeping solid.. What helps you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 4 weeks post op, and find Tylenol PM's to be required if I want to get a good nights sleep. I do however wake up in a fog.

Most of us are put on beta blockers before, or at least after surgery.

Beta blockers interfere with the release of melatonin at night, which can cause sleeping disorders, depending on your susceptibility.

You might try taking melatonin or asking to be put on a different beta blocker.

If your problem is more about anxiety and difficulty settling down, then sex does sound like a better solution. Just try not to wake your wife up...

Best wishes,

You might try taking melatonin or asking to be put on a different beta blocker.

If your problem is more about anxiety and difficulty settling down, then sex does sound like a better solution. Just try not to wake your wife up...

Best wishes,

LOL! Don't know about the furtive sex, but melatonin did nothing for me. I am on a low dose of temazepam (generic for Restoril) and it works for me without side-effects. Looking like it's a permanent part of my pharmacy. I do recommend trying other "natural" alternatives first.

Red wine does it for me. My doc told me about that a few years ago. He said there is something in red wine that makes you sleep. Good luck.

Well I tried lots of red wine, toast and sex last night. It worked. Real messy but it worked.

Back