Have the results back from my echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmaceae

Looks like my echo looks good, but had some questions. All the doctor would say is all is looking good, which is a good thing! The things that caught my eye on the report were;
There is moderate calcification of the aortic root.
There is mild to moderate aortic stenosis. Measured at 1.22cm
There is mild mitral valve regurgitation.
There is mild mitral annulus calcification.
The right ventricle is moderately enlarged (it was before my AVR).
The good news is the bio-prosthetic aortic valve appears well seated and with normal function, and no evidence of aortic valve regurgitation.
I still get out of breath easily, that did not improve much after my AVR.
I would assume all this is relatively normal?
I just wanted to see what the knowledgeable folks here say about this report?
Thanks,
Randy

The hierarchy of Medical Modifiers goes like this

None
Trace
Mild
Moderate
Severe
Critical

MILD suggests that the condition may "bear watching" but does not require intervention at this level.

It can take a Year or more to realize the Full Surgical Benefit WITH conditioning.
Are you exercising to recondition your body?
If not, shortness of breath can be more of an indicator of your body's level of conditioning,
including Heart Muscle conditioning, than the status of your heart valve.

'AL Capshaw'

Thanks Al,
I do exercise, probably not as much as I should. I do walk and do a lot of stair walking. And of course being here in NW Iowa I just cleared the driveway of snow which happens quite often here, we had a bad blizzard here yesterday!
I was a bit concerned about the 1.22cm with the aortic stenosis, is that a bit small?

What is Aortic Stenosis, since mine measures 1.22cm, I really do not know what it actually measured? Since I had my AVR I thought this would "fix" the stenosis? I guess I am not understanding the term.
Thanks

It would be helpful to know the Effective Valve Area of your Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve immediately or shortly after your surgery to see if this 1.22 sq cm measurement is a progression of stenosis or if that is all you get from that valve. Do you have copies of ALL of your EchoCardiogram Reports? If not, that would be worth doing.

The Reference Section should have some reference that can give you the definition of Stenosis.
Alternatively, do a Google (or other) Search.

'AL Capshaw'

It would be helpful to know the Effective Valve Area of your Bovine Pericardial Tissue Valve immediately or shortly after your surgery to see if this 1.22 sq cm measurement is a progression of stenosis or if that is all you get from that valve. Do you have copies of ALL of your EchoCardiogram Reports? If not, that would be worth doing.

The Reference Section should have some reference that can give you the definition of Stenosis.
Alternatively, do a Google (or other) Search.

'AL Capshaw'

Also beside Al's suggestions, do you know what size valve you got?

Also beside Al's suggestions, do you know what size valve you got?

It is a 25mm valve, which is 2.5cm I believe.
I will have to look back in the records to see what the measurements were after the surgery.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back