Have any of you ever experienced odd dizziness or vision issues?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxx_yer_Soxx

I have a possible BAV, no stenosis or regurgitation at the moment, but in the last 18-24 months, I have had odd vision/balance things where I do the following:

1) Feel like the floor is moving or shifting (especially if I move my head sudden)
2) Feel like I must keep moving or I kind of have a spacey or "passing out" type feeling.

My cardio tells me these issues cannot be from a perfectly functioning BAV (if mine is) but I am not so sure.

I do suffer from Anxiety, and I do take 10mg of Lexapro daily for it.... of course dizziness is a side effect of the med, BUT I had the exact same feeling before I ever started the Lexapro.

This is very disruptive to my day, just wondering if anyone else has had this, and what you did to cope.

Thanks

I have had a few vertigo type episodes, but I think that was caused by all the meds. You never know what kind of reaction you will get when you make pill soup.

That's sounds like vertigo. Sometimes allergies can lead to fluid in the inner ear and cause this, also I would get this when pressure changed and if my vision was over stimulated like driving in traffic on a sunny day. Get your ears and eyes checked out. I think if it were due to heart problems it would be more of a light headed feeling than a spinning feeling.

Michelle- had the LNG vertigo test done last year..came back negative.
I have noticed that if I walk into a Wal-Mart or some huge store with big open walkways... its worse.
I am -100 nearsided, and I hardly ever wear my glasses...it could also be anxiety?
But sometimes its scary... like a millisecond blackout occurs and the floor beneath me is crooked.

The lighting in wal-Mart makes me dizzy. I also have anxiety problems and get dizzy in crowds. I can't go in the grocery store on weekends or Wal-mart ever!! I get claustraphobic too so MRI machines, small bathrooms, and elevators make me dizzy. I have been lightheaded/dizzy with shortness of breath because of congestive heart failure due to leaking valve but it was different than anxious dizzy, eye problem dizzy, and vertigo. If you blackout for a sec and it's not your heart you might want to talk to a neurologist. But anxiety can cause so many weird physical things that it's really amazing. I have seen so many doctors for stomach problems and had all kinds of tests done I was sure I had IBS but as soon as I started on Xanax I never had problems again. I wouldn't suggest any benzodiapems though because getting off of them causes EXTREME dizziness. I would go to a therapist to help pinpoint what causes your anxiety and if you go to a therapist find a LMHC that specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy. I'm going to school for mental health counseling. So if you have no stenosis or regurgitation don't get too worked up over it. If you really want to know how your heart is doing overall getting a BNP blood test. If it is <100 then it is 94% accurate that you do not have heart failure. It is quick and cheap, just ask you pcp or cardiologist. It will give you peace of mind.

Sounds like an inner-ear issue to me. Have you seen an Ear-Nose-Throat Physician (Otolaryngologist sp?) recently?

As others have suggested, there are several possible triggers for inner ear imbalances and some treatments / preventive precautions. This would be worth exploring with an ENT physician.

Excess Fluid Retention (high salt diet and other possible issues), ALLERGIES, and 'crystal formations' in the inner-ear fluid are topics for conversation.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back