have another question, has anyone ever been on cipro

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpha 1

for your dentist appointments, instead of amoxicillian? because this is what happened. you guys know how i freak out about everything medical with my son, and lately these dentists appts. anyway friday nite he sat on a glass that someone had put on a chair by accident and had to have 7 stitches in the buttocks, pretty crazy, i know, of course i was in a panic like always, i need some drugs, nerve medication, but cant because of my badly needed job, that i just recently was lucky enough to get. anyway, it was an inch away from the tailbone, it could have been pretty bad, he was lucky. they put him on 500 mgs of cipro just in case of infection, and our dentist appt. is coming up on tuesday, and i dont think that they would put you on amoxicillin if you are already on cipro, so would the cipro work in place of the amoxicillin do you guys think. it should fight any infection, or is there one particular antibiotic that they use just for teeth. one of the docs said that you dont need antibiotics for the dentist, but i have always heard that you do. and we really need to get there. also they numbed the area with lidocaine and it had the ephidrine in it and guess what? no complications. what a relief, i am always crazy with worry, but we got through it. let me know what you guys think about the cipro. thank you all very much.
alpha 1

I have had Cipro for urinary infections, but I doubt if it is good for the bacteria in the mouth unless it just happens to be one of those broad spectrum antibiotics.

In recent years I've taken Clindamycin for dental work, so don't really know if Cipro will work.

It's interesting that they would prescribe Cipro for a cut. It's a pretty heavy duty antibiotic. It's usually reserved for urinary tract infections, bladder infections, and STDs.

I don't know your son's history, but the guidelines for dental work have changed recently. I have to get to work right now, but if you go to the American Dental Association site and search for their guidelines for preventive antibiotics, you should be able to find what you need.

Cipro is a broad spectrum antibotic. I was was taking Cipro plus another antibotic at the same time when I had endocarditis. The other antibotic was IV however. Just let the dentist know that he is already on Cipro.

Latest posts

Back