Has anyone had the Flu yet?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terodac

Everywhere I go people are sick,:D I try and guess hummm what is wrong like is this just a sinus infection or the :eek: FLU! :eek: I have become so germ afobic I laugh at myself. Has anyone had this stuff and how did you feel and was it as bad as they say?

No flu yet (touch wood) but i feel a run down with moving
parents made soooo many load trips and work and course i sell perogies
and orders were behind made 8o doz today that are being picked up in am
by my customers and im feeling drained i tell you and seems all are sick
with something at work but gotta luv my mask;) it works so far and my hanging hand sanitizer.........WHOO WHO,better not speak too soon i guess:rolleyes:

I have been sick twice in the last month. Although I try to stay away from people that I know are sick a lot has been going around work. Before I had my surgery in may it wasn't too often that I would get sick but now it seems I get it very easily. Haven't gotten my flu shot yet but will be very soon. When I have gotten sick it was both stomach bug the first time it was gone after a day but the stomach cramps were awful. This last time which I just got over lasted for 3 to 4 days and it made it difficult to walk it hurt so much. I can tell a huge difference because about the only thing I would get normally before I had surgery would be a cold.

Beginning to think I might have it now!:confused: A man who works with me...his grandaughter has it and she lives with him. I became very upset that he was still coming to work, as I was doing everything I could to keep from getting sick...he thought that was funny and kept coming up and coughing on me! (some people don't understand what its like to spend 19 days out of the month in the hospital!).

So now, I am sick. I don't know if its flu, but I can't keep my fever down and I feel like crap!

Mileena

One of my best friends husband from my church just called and said she wouldn't be there because she was running 104.0 fever and was going at both ends. He said he had went out to get the paper a few mintues ago and came back and found her in the kitchen floor. She feels terrible. He wanted to be sure and have me tell the folks at church to not come and see her. He doesn't want to expose them. I'm wondering if we are waiting to late to get the flu shot this year. Several people at the hospital where I work has come down with these same flu symptoms.

I have had a respitory infection for a week. I came down with it last Tuesday night. I got it pretty bad. Started w/a sore throat, super congested. I am not coughing. If I had/have a fever, it is low grade. I am starting to feel a little better. All week end I rested. THis has been miserable. It usually goes away in a couple of days. My DH decided to give share this with me. Hope everyone stays well and does not get all this junk floating around.

What makes me mad is people still come to work sick! I know everyone does not have sick days and time off but you know employers could do something. Who wants to eat at a dinner with somebody sick waiting on you, looked up yesterday at this guy waiting on me at Sam's and I said are you sick, he says I am trying not to be sick! What!!!!! I told him go home I hoped he felt better and walked away. Pulling wipes and stuff out of my purse! I have to fly in a few weeks and I will most likely have a nervous breakdown. LOL going to get my reg flu shot this week. Any protection is better than none!

Yes

Yes

Yes ive had it. Just told my story on it in other thread relating Flu and heart disease.

Rick

I have been dizzy and fatigued for the last few days but nobody I know is sick, and I am beginning to think it's something else. I am more cautious at work, use the sanitizer after using the common kitchen equipment as coffee maker etc, but even then it's hard to always remember. I also have a first grader and those kids are all germ factories although I have scared him about H1N1. I am really scared of it, even debating a Christmas break trip, so I know what you mean by "having a nervous breakdown" : )

I just returned from taking my son to the doctor - diagnosis - flu, probably H1N1, but we'll never know for sure because they're not doing the second test to confirm. Interesting thing is that they are not even testing everyone with symptoms for flu, so we'll never know how many people have it. The doctor said the CDC is recommending that people not be tested and just treat the symptoms unless they are in a high risk group. They're only giving Tamiflu to those at high risk, so I guess they're afraid of running out. My son is not in a high risk group, but because I am, they tested him, it was positive, and they are treating with Tamiflu.

To tell you the truth, the positive test surprised me. He has a bad cough, congestion, and a sore throat, but isn't nearly as sick as when my daughter had the flu a few years ago. I'm not sure how high his fever would be as we are treating with Aleve and not waiting to find out. I thought it was just a bad cold.

Lisa, I hate to hear this. My daughter is home from school today with those exact symptoms. I'm also assuming that it is just a bad cold. Fever hasn't been an issue, but again, I've been giving her ibuprofen every 4-5 hours. Now I'm seconding guessing myself on not taking her to the Dr.

kfay - That's exactly how I felt about it. I figured I was wasting my time and $15 copay. Surprise! Other than putting you at risk for a longer period of time, I don't know that it's bad to just let it run its course. Tamiflu just knocks it out quicker.

Yes, the Dr. prescribed Tamiflu. I just gave them the symptoms over the phone, and they phoned it into my pharmacy! My symptoms are mild, but sound alot like your son's Lisa. They said I was a high risk. I wasn't going to take it, but I guess I probably should.

I have been dizzy and fatigued for the last few days but nobody I know is sick, and I am beginning to think it's something else. I am more cautious at work, use the sanitizer after using the common kitchen equipment as coffee maker etc, but even then it's hard to always remember. I also have a first grader and those kids are all germ factories although I have scared him about H1N1. I am really scared of it, even debating a Christmas break trip, so I know what you mean by "having a nervous breakdown" : )

Are you running a temp?

If you're beginning to think it's something else, go to your doctor to rule out endocarditis....

Latest posts

Back