Has anyone had mitral valve repair at Hartford Hospital?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJC62

I am interested in finding out if anyone has had valve repair surgery at Hartford Hospital in CT? If so, how are they rated as far as surgeons and what types of surgery do they perform (i.e., robotic, minimally invasive, etc.) and what is the success rate?

Thanks,
AJC62

I am from Hartford but I had my Mitral Valve replacement surgery at Brigham and women's in Boston. My research and my cardiologist suggested that I look into Newyork or Boston. I visited both Mount sinai and Boston and chose Boston. The surgeons at these places perform these type of surgeries on a routine basis and are very expeienced. Hartford being a small city doesn't see as many cases as these two cities and hence my cardiologist suggestion to go outside. Hope this helps in your decision

HI Gari
It is my boyfriend who is having the surgery and his cardiologist gave him names of surgeons in RI, CT, Cape Cod, and Boston and he said he was going to call Boston but I'm not sure if he did or maybe he couldn't get an appointment right away. So, he is going to talk to someone in CT and RI.
Thanks for your information.
AJC62

Latest posts

Back