Harley Girl's Scar Photo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleygirl528

Okay Guys, Here is my scar picture! This was taken yesterday, 3 weeks and 1 day post-operatively! I look very swollen and not like myself but, oh well, it can only get better from here, right? My scar measures about 6" in length and the "bullet holes" are looking immensely better. I am so happy that they were able to start the scar a little lower since I had the aneurysm extending into the arch I feel fortunate. This lovely orange Hawaiian shirt came compliments of Phillip and I would love to indoctrinate it into the offical "tawdry shirt" collection. Is there a certificate that I can print out and then is the process to include a picture of myself (and Phillip too hopefully) and then mail it onto the next lucky recipient? I know Debbie is ready to take a picture so I could send it on to her. Just let me know what I need to do to offcially enter this lovely shirt in the order of the tawdry shirts!

Thanks Phillip....and I will definitely be posting another photo in 3 months of so....when I am not so puffy and my scar has become less red!

You look so good. And your scar looks great and it looks so short to me. Mine extend way down to about 3 inches from my belly button. But then I am only 5' 2".

shirt

shirt

Lorie, you look great, can't wait to get the shirt from you. My scar is longer than yours, it's about 9 inches and my bullet holes look the same as yours but lower. Take care Debbie

You do look great, even if your puffy, but all of us were for a while.

Check with Tobagotwo about the certificate. He wrote the original and I wish whoever has it would say so because it's as much of the history as we are.

Ross said:
. He wrote the original and I wish whoever has it would say so because it's as much of the history as we are.

I have it and I have said so several times !!!!!!!

Anyone want it, and the shirt and pics that go along with it, let me know !

Ross, I am going to PM you maybe not immediately, but in the next day or two) with an idea on how to keep track of the TOOTS pics and certificate etc.

Lorie

Lorie

Probably not the best picture you've ever had taken (I know mine wasn't :D ), but considering the circumstances, you look good, girl! and it will get better. I don't scar wel, mine is still red but not puffy, 5 months out, and, as a friend of mine says, it beats the alternative.

Congrats on "baring" your scar, too, and not being shy about it.

netmiff said:
I have it and I have said so several times !!!!!!!

Anyone want it, and the shirt and pics that go along with it, let me know !

Ross, I am going to PM you maybe not immediately, but in the next day or two) with an idea on how to keep track of the TOOTS pics and certificate etc.
Thank you! I've never seen where you said you have it, but thank you!!!!!

Lorie! Good for you!! Thanks for sharing. It's a beautiful scar!!!! Nice and straight.

The puffiness will go away....it just takes time.... those drugs they whomp us with linger and dwindle away so slowly. You are certainly not alone in that!

Best wishes for continuing success. You look and sound great to us!!

:D Marguerite

WOO HOO ! Ok, just kidding. Go to Baar.com and order a product called "scar massage" or something close to that. It helped mine to the point where most of it cannot really be scene. And yes, I was a real puff ball post op too, it will go away in time.

Thanks guys for your encouragment...it took a lot of guts to post that picture. I look so swollen and puffy...not even like myself. I did talk to my surgeon yesterday and he said that I should be losing weight, not gaining and the fluid the body retains does tend to deposit in the lungs. Anyway, I took a diuretic he prescribed called hydrochlorothiazide and I lost 4 pounds just overnight! I'm looking forward to posting an "after" picture in a few months to show the progress of the scar because I know both the scar and me will look a lot better then! Thanks again and I really did this for the newbies to see it isn't all that bad but my ego had a hard time posting that pic! (I look awful!)

Great Shirt

Great Shirt

Hey Harley,

Congrats on the scar! The shirt looks good too! That shirt never looked as good on me as it does on you.

I went through the puffy stage. It'll go away. Keep that positive attitude we all admire so much.

-Philip

harleygirl528 said:
Thanks guys for your encouragment...it took a lot of guts to post that picture. I look so swollen and puffy...not even like myself. I did talk to my surgeon yesterday and he said that I should be losing weight, not gaining and the fluid the body retains does tend to deposit in the lungs. Anyway, I took a diuretic he prescribed called hydrochlorothiazide and I lost 4 pounds just overnight! I'm looking forward to posting an "after" picture in a few months to show the progress of the scar because I know both the scar and me will look a lot better then! Thanks again and I really did this for the newbies to see it isn't all that bad but my ego had a hard time posting that pic! (I look awful!)

You look just great Lorie, I hope I look even half as great as that when I'm all done....Thank you for posting it.

Latest posts

Back