Happy! QC OK!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

I had a failed test due to QC error Saturday 1/20 with the last strip in a pack for my INRatio. My new strips came 48 hrs after calling Raytel. I was relieved that I got a good reading on retest with no QC problem .I won't have to send my monitor for repair. I think I received the QC error because one of the controls was out of range.One of the causes for this is strip deterioration. My strip was several months old and may have gone bad. You get a pack of 12 strips and if you only test every 2-4 weeks as I do that last strip can be pretty old.
I may go back to testing more frequently.

Doing the "happy dance"

Doing the "happy dance"

That's great news. Whoopee

Sometimes you'll get a QC error if there is not enough blood in one of the QC sample test areas of the strip. In the few QC errors I've gotten, there was almost, but not quite, filling of one of the side areas. Not enough sample in the center cup usually give a not enough sample sample error. (I think I have to move to a bigger lancet (using a 26g now) as it take a bit to get enough out. The blade type of lancet gives TONS of blood, but really hurt! :eek: )

Marty the only time you have to really worry about the monitor is if it shows an outright ERROR CODE. Not a QC error. QC errors are almost always sample related, but yes, could be a bad strip.

Ross said:
Marty the only time you have to really worry about the monitor is if it shows an outright ERROR CODE. Not a QC error. QC errors are almost always sample related, but yes, could be a bad strip.

Good point Ross. Thanks

Latest posts

Back