Happy B-day Mary!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mary, Mary,
Quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?

With wish-you-wells
From southern belles,
And northern too, you know.

With birthday "Hi!"s
From VR guys
And fine posts all in a row,

Your VR friends'
Annual amends
To make your birthday glow.

Happy Birthday!

Have a wonderful weekend...

It's been a great birthday, with only one thing wrong; we returned home with no son in tow!:mad:

He got caught in Customs and missed the 7:25 am flight to St. Louis. We left the house at 7.:( Apparently bad weather moved into DC (where were you and your super powers, SuperBob?) and they kept delaying the flight.
In the meantime I shopped till I thought I would drop:), went to the Zoo:), and had a great dinner while we killed time.

Finally, at 6:30 pm, John called from the plane, said they had suddenly stopped them on the tarmac, and then announced that the flight crew had timed out their fly time and couldn't continue with the flight! Another crew couldn't be located, so they officially cancelled the flight at 7pm. Poor John. He's spent the past 28 hours travelling, and when I talked to him at 8, he was still in line with customer service. He said he needed food and a toothbruth--badly!

So, we just got home, 15 hours after we started, and will turn around and do it tomorrow.:eek: But we won't leave until we get word that the plane has left Dulles! ;)

Thanks for all the well wishes!:)
And yes, to all the requests!;)

Oh goodness, Mary -- how frustrating! Superbob wishes he could have mustered his superpowers to iron out that colossal snafu. Wishing you and your family a smooth and happy reunion Sunday. :)

It's been a great birthday, with only one thing wrong; we returned home with no son in tow!:mad:

He got caught in Customs and missed the 7:25 am flight to St. Louis. We left the house at 7.:( Apparently bad weather moved into DC (where were you and your super powers, SuperBob?) and they kept delaying the flight.
In the meantime I shopped till I thought I would drop:), went to the Zoo:), and had a great dinner while we killed time.

Finally, at 6:30 pm, John called from the plane, said they had suddenly stopped them on the tarmac, and then announced that the flight crew had timed out their fly time and couldn't continue with the flight! Another crew couldn't be located, so they officially cancelled the flight at 7pm. Poor John. He's spent the past 28 hours travelling, and when I talked to him at 8, he was still in line with customer service. He said he needed food and a toothbruth--badly!

So, we just got home, 15 hours after we started, and will turn around and do it tomorrow.:eek: But we won't leave until we get word that the plane has left Dulles! ;)

Thanks for all the well wishes!:)
And yes, to all the requests!;)

So sorry his arrival has been delayed Mary- but glad he was at least on US soil and now you get to celebrate your birthday twice! Hope he arrives safely and on time today!

Whew.........what an airport story.

Whew.........what an airport story.

Mary -- Happy Birthday to you and here's hoping your Soldier is home safely from Iraq today. What a present...!!! Bet you'll never forget this birthday..!

Happy birthday Mary.

I hope your son is there with you.

Thank you for always being such a positive poster and also thank your son on behalf of myself, the wife and kids for his service! It takes a special and dedicated person to raise a selfless child. Thanks for that as well.

Latest posts

Back