Hank & Ross.............

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

What has gotten so out of hand in Small Talk that has even made it possible or plausible to consider that forum go away???

So many other threads have gotten so off track that it has amazed me that it wasn't locked or deleted long before folks got their feelings hurt. It has happened to many who will not admit it. I am one who became frustrated enough to stop posting.....and this was many years ago. I even spent a time when I didn't even check in very often! And I regret that time!!!

Let's not let that happen to anyone else. We are all adults and can deal with disagreements on valve choice, and coumadin management, and surgeon choice......... the list is long.......... let's remember what this place is here for and keep it growing to help the thousands and 100's of thousands that are out there looking for some help. {Thanks for starting this place Hank.}

I was Lucky enough to find folks who had dealt with OHS prior to me facing mine......... I just pray that others have that opportunity through this site (and other sites) to find that greatly, needed help.

AS most of you can see; I have been a member here for a long time and do not post very often. (I remember the e-mail list-serve that Hank started with.... my first post on it was June of 2000) There are many reasons for my lack of posting, & I will save you the "controversy" of getting into them.
However; I read almost every day and enjoy keeping up with my family from VR.com.

Please understand gentlemen, that I completely appreciate where you are coming from, I moderate another heart related forum and can "feel" for what you are going through.
But for some time I have compared the other forum to VR.com and VR has always been the tops.....not the subject matter or the sustenance of the posts but the family attitude that has been here for many years. I believe that is due to the Small talk IDEA that has been aloud to survive amoungst the many controversies in other forums.

I am not making this post to begin another discussion or debate, please feel free to delete or lock as you deem needed, and maybe this should be in a PM, but I wanted to voice my opinion publicly that I believe VR has grown to what it is (and will grow beyond all of our imaginations) due to the FAMILY attitude that is here.

As I stated earlier, I don't post allot, but I feel very familiar or close to many that do, just from keeping up on the reading.

Hank, I can't wait until we have the opportunity again to spend some time together....it has been too long..........

Ross, One of these days when I make my trek to CCF I will give you a holler and maybe we can meet face to face and see what each other is really all about. A nice lunch or dinner at a local pub would be wonderful.

God Bless to all &
GOD BLESS VR.conm

Ben

Hank I think you know how I've felt about this issue and I'll keep it at that, but I'm really glad you opened the Small Talk forum back up. I almost never look in there anymore because I have a limited amout of time to spend here (but I used to). I check the heart forum, pre and post surgery forum, and the valve selection forum. If I see a thread in which I feel I can give some useful or comforting advice I will post. I'm not sure who said it but I'll repeat it for everyone so they know just how I feel. Any posts with a hint of personal insult towards another member needs to be deleted as soon as Ross or Hank knows that it exists. I'll go a step further and suggest that members who continue to post in such a manner should be suspended for a certain length of time. Any member who habitually posts in a rude or insulting manner should be permanently banned. I belong to a golf forum that uses this policy and usually being sent to your corner for a few days will make you think twice about how you post towards others. Like some others have stated...instead of punishing the entire group for the actions of a few posters, punish the few posters who can't control themselves in a dignified manner during a debate. Come on VR.com...this site is special...it's not just another internet forum where you are free to flame away at other people. There are plenty of sites out there for that if you need to blow off some steam...just don't do it in here. This place is like a sanctuary where we freely pass along what was freely passed on to us when we arrived...kind of like the "tawdry shirt". :D

Latest posts

Back