Haloween 5K

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodi

We had a local first time Haloween 5K this morning. Weather was almost perfect at about 55º at the 8:00AM start. The course is a stinker. It starts at 1000 ft drops to 820 over the first 1.2 miles, climbs to 900 over the nest .2 miles then drops to 850 at the turnaround. Going back up is not particularly fun. There are two major uphills with a very short breather between the two. My goals was to run 33 minutes, my time was 32:51 so I was right on track. I came in first in the 70+ age group. Even passed quite a few younger runners on the way up the hill...thanks to the experience of going out easier on the downhill. Good day! Next up is our local Turkey Trot on the same course in three weeks. My running club will be running it once or twice a week to get ready. I hope to improve my time by 30-45 seconds. Time will tell.

Sounds like a tough course. Most 5K courses hereabouts are flat. Directors want them to be easy to attract the most entrants. The slightest hill sends the wimpy runners for cover. We don't see hills like that until races get up to 10K or more, unless they're cross country but I consider that a whole different sport. I always wanted to start one like that and call it the Myasis Dragon 5K.

Latest posts

Back