hair restoration

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I have a "freind" who is on coumadin and has started kicking around the prospect of a hair restoration procedure. He doesn't want to look like Homer Simpson. Anyone know of anyone who has considered/had something like that ?

Sure, I have a "friend" who just loves Rogaine....but I think he over did things a bit.:D:D

picture.php

Oh your too funny Bina!!! :) I've seen some advertised on TV before. They use your hair from the back of you head and implant it into your scalp. OUCH!! It looks like it grows at least on the pics. Tell your friend good luck!

I have a "freind" who is on coumadin and has started kicking around the prospect of a hair restoration procedure. He doesn't want to look like Homer Simpson. Anyone know of anyone who has considered/had something like that ?
I don't know too much about implants,but i have been reading up on the
causes of drug induced hair loss that can occur with coumadin and beta blockers.
It seems that these drugs cause the same DHT build up that
can occur naturally in some. It effects women also,but the hair loss occurs
universally and not in a pattern. Supposedly the same herbs that can help
BPH are the same that can help with hair loss,such as Saw Palmetto.
Neem is also listed as one of the best ones.
Wish I could be more of a help -Dina

Okay, me be serious now.
My dentist had some hair implants done, sorry I don't know the correct terminology or procedure name, but he looks great with them. The only odd thing is that when he leans over to look at my teeth, I can see perfect rows of implanted hair plugs on the top of his head. While we are standing and chatting everything looks great.

Okay, me be serious now.
My dentist had some hair implants done, sorry I don't know the correct terminology or procedure name, but he looks great with them. The only odd thing is that when he leans over to look at my teeth, I can see perfect rows of implanted hair plugs on the top of his head. While we are standing and chatting everything looks great.

I know exactly what you are talking about, some guy I know had them and every time he bent over...you could see the little rows. I wonderred if he knew that, but "I" wasn't going to be the one to tell him him that and crush him, since he was sooo proud to have hair again, it's funny he even walked different, not strutting, just more pride, if that makes sense. I haven't seen him for a while, so I don't know if it ever gets to the point you can't tell their are little bald spots between the plugs.

BACK to CT, have you tried any of the products you rub on your scalp? I know they even sell vitamins that help with skin, nails and hair (on HSN of course) maybe you could try both the vitimens and meds and see if that helps. I was just thinking, I know most good tattoo parlors won't do anyone on coum (because the bleeding can smear the ink) and I know alot of doctors freak if they have little procedures to do on someone one coumadin. I think before I thought to much about it, I would first call and find out IF they will do the procedure on someone on coum before you get excited then find out you can't get it.

ok...I'll fess up....its me. My hair is easily half of what it was when i started coumadin. Unfortunately I have a homer simpson shaped head and I really don't want to be bald. Call me what you will.

I haven't even gone beyond a bit of internet research at this point. Cost is in the 5K range so its not a decision that is made lightly. I figure since Im on coumadin I probably would be hard pressed to find someone willing to do the procedure to begin with but I haven't even gotten that far yet. Just thought I would see if anyone on here had blazed that trail yet.

I've done the rogaine thing and I really didn't see any difference. I also used to take propecia but Im the type who only takes pills if I absolutely must. Propecia stops your hair from falling out, it doesn't promote new growth. So as soon as you stop, your hair starts falling out again. There is a guy here at work who had his done about 6 months ago and I think it looks very good. He even let me look up close and while I can see the plugs a little, I gotta really look close.

ok...I'll fess up....its me. My hair is easily half of what it was when i started coumadin. Unfortunately I have a homer simpson shaped head and I really don't want to be bald. Call me what you will.

I haven't even gone beyond a bit of internet research at this point. Cost is in the 5K range so its not a decision that is made lightly. I figure since Im on coumadin I probably would be hard pressed to find someone willing to do the procedure to begin with but I haven't even gotten that far yet. Just thought I would see if anyone on here had blazed that trail yet.

I've done the rogaine thing and I really didn't see any difference. I also used to take propecia but Im the type who only takes pills if I absolutely must. Propecia stops your hair from falling out, it doesn't promote new growth. So as soon as you stop, your hair starts falling out again. There is a guy here at work who had his done about 6 months ago and I think it looks very good. He even let me look up close and while I can see the plugs a little, I gotta really look close.

I don't personally know anyone who takes these vitamins, but they have really good veviews (almost 500) I was thinking if they don't help hair grow were you don't have any, they might help keep the hair you DO have http://health-fitness.hsn.com/andre...p.aspx?webp_id=5513790&web_id=5513790&ocm=hpr

BACK to CT, have you tried any of the products you rub on your scalp? I know they even sell vitamins that help with skin, nails..."

The herbs that are used locally are Rosemary and Neem, I know that
Rosemary increases circulation to the scalp. Saw Palmetto,Gotu Kola,
and Fo Ti are taken as a pill daily and I know that to see any results with
the Saw Palmetto it takes about 6 months of taking it daily to see any
results, this is the only herb that have have heard anything positive about
at all. I know most people seem to believe that herbs are worthless, but
the truth is that they are mostly worthless. There are about 1 in
a 500 that actually help,when taking the total dose and taken daily:)

Ya know, I'd think that if a wisdom tooth could be pulled while on warfarin that you certainly could have the hair restoration procedure...:confused:

As a sidenote, I lost some hair after being on warfarin for over a year, and at first I blamed it on warfarin, but most of it grew back and is fine. How long have you been on warfarin??

Ya know, I'd think that if a wisdom tooth could be pulled while on warfarin that you certainly could have the hair restoration procedure...:confused:

As a sidenote, I lost some hair after being on warfarin for over a year, and at first I blamed it on warfarin, but most of it grew back and is fine. How long have you been on warfarin??

I THINK there is a concern with the plugs taking well if there is bleeding, they have you stop aspirin ect

I know someone who had this done years ago and it took successfully but what has happened is more of his hair has gone over the years, all except the very odd looking area which has the transplants. It looks totally bizarre now although for a few years it looked ok.

Speaking as a woman, I really prefer to see men who have gone bald gracefully. Thinning hair has never put me off finding a man attractive, beauty, as they say, is only skin deep and personality has it all. When I was a teenager my boyfriend of a number of years had receding hair and had already resorted to a 'comb over', when the wind blew it looked awful so I persuaded him to have a short hair style then as his hair receded further no one would notice. He was extremely good looking and the lack of hair wouldn't change that.

I just sprung this on my wife a few minutes ago, the whole concept which I had kept to myself at this point. After an initial response of "what have you been smoking ?" and a chuckle she went into the kitchen to fix a snack. She came back in with a haloween wig for me to try on. Brittany Spears style :)

I just sprung this on my wife a few minutes ago, the whole concept which I had kept to myself at this point. After an initial response of "what have you been smoking ?" and a chuckle she went into the kitchen to fix a snack. She came back in with a haloween wig for me to try on. Brittany Spears style :)

I guess she loves you just the way you are, and that is how it should be. If she is happy with your appearance then please don't change - unless you are hoping to ditch her and look for another woman who is shallow and thinks the physical appearance of a person is actually important. If that is you in your avatar photo then there is nothing wrong with your appearance.

Many years ago when I was in my early twenties a bald-headed man in our office suddenly came to work wearing a toupee, we all fell about laughing when he left the room! He must have come to his senses as he only wore it a couple of times then went back to being his normal (sexy) self.

Back