Had cochlear surgery bridged with lovenox

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COLLEEN S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well friends, the surgery was Wed. 9/7 (yes, i posted the wrong date in previous posts.) Had the cochlear implant. I was not expecting it to be this invasive and wow, was I off! It is really a major surgery and should be addressed like major surgery. I was told they "slip the transmitter under your skin thru a small incision", and the "electrode is placed into the cochlea." Well, more like "slashed from top of ear to bottom, large hole made in skull to accomodate transmitter , smaller hole made for electrode, lots of bleeding and pain and headaches, (and in my case back and muscle aches of all kinds due to fibromyalgia). Holy crap. But I am here and improving everyday. Next up is post op appt on Tuesday, then 2 day programming when they turn the implant on. Nothing ventured, nothing gained so they say. Well the lovenox turned out to be the least of my worries! Will ck INR tomorrow to see where I'm at. Restarted coumadin next day post op.

Back