Gustav

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip

Hello from Gustav. We are ridding this one out. We are fortunate to live in one of the higher areas of the metropolitan area, we have lots of food, water, generator, fuel, gas for the grill and even adequate ammo just in case. In my area there are a lot of people staying and at least for the moment it is a festive atmosphere. People are are grilling, boiling seafood and there are small impromptu parties all over the neighborhood. I hope we are doing the same after the storm passes.

I don't visit VR .com as frequently as I once did so while I'm here:
April 27 was my two year anniversary and I am pleased to report that the second year was much better than the 1st...nothing nasty ending with ..itis.
Although I am running very slowly there is seldom a day that I don't work out. I have done 2 half marathons and participated in two Cardiac Athletes/Valve- O-Lenes races with many VR.com friends. I hope to see more of you at the Wineglass Marathon.

I'll post an up-date after the storm.

Philip

Good luck, Phillip. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and congratulations on the valversary.

0oops..I forgot: Praline, Marie and all others impacted by Gustav; I'll be sending prayers and eagles your way.
Philip

Hope all goes well for you and the others affected by this latest ordeal. We've twice had to deal with wildfire evacuations and it can be a rough call, whether to leave or to stay. Keep safe and take care.

Well, hello Philip.
I decided to escape this Gustav and by the looks of it, it is heading straight for my house. I posted below.
Good luck.
Praline

I certainly hope that you have made a good decision!!! Having lived through a category 4 or 5 (never knew....the wind gauge broke and being a tiny 7x12 mile island, there wasn't a backup wind guage or satellite info in the 60's) typhoon, things can get pretty darn scary.

I'm sending some Canada Geese your way, I think.....they are good in the rain!! ;)

Best wishes to you and your wife and sons.

Marguerite

Be sure to stop by at least once a year to keep your account active.

Congratulations!

Looks like you all have had some prayers answered this morning. The storm isn't nearly as nasty as it could have been.

Hey, Phillip, good to see you again. Glad you are doin well and enjoyin life in N.O. From the looks of the storm this morning, you ought to do okay. Best wishes.

8:20 CST: It looks like this is not going to be as bad as expected. In my neighborhood winds are gusting to approximately 60 MPH with less rain than expected. The only damage I have seen in this area is minimal tree damage. At this time we still have electricity.

Praline: I'm guessing things are not much different in your area. (I think Praline is about 15 miles west of me)

Up-date later.

Philip

We made it through Gustav high and dry. The only damage was a limb the blew off a tree. Neighbors That witnessed it said it was diverted from the house a pair of Canadian geese!

Thanks to all for your thoughts, prayers and geese.

Let's hope that Praline, Marie and others in the storms path are as fortunate.

Philip

I just got off the phone with Earline (Marie) and they are fine and headed home:D ... they know their home is fine but they have no power... Still raining so we need to keep all of the travelers in our prayers ....

I think everyone got pretty lucky this time around. I'm just glad you all have homes and lives to continue on.

Latest posts

Back