Gustav may be comming into the gulf

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
We could have a major hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico by this week-end with landfall some where on the gulf coast It doesn't look good for the Louisiana coast If you remember we had KAtricia 8/29/03 and Rita a month later. So we are really concerned. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

OOOOHHHHH Marie i'll be thinking and praying
for safety of you and all there. Be glued to forecast updates
keep us informed PLEASE!

zipper2 (DEB)

Well I'm fairly sure it's going to hit you guys, so I'll pray that it's minimal in strength or even a tropical storm by the time it gets there.

I will keep all our Gulf coast members in my thoughts and prayers.

One of the models is putting it right on us. We are preparing. When you see Lafayette, La. on the weather map that's us. Thanks and please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Leeroy966 is in the Bahamas, and I think they've all ready dealt with Gustav.
I hope he checks in and let's us know he's ok.

Hi Marie
I will definitely put you in my prayers.....you guys need a break. Unfortunately, I think you're going to get it and just heard on the news that it may hit as a Cat 4.....

Are you going to evacuate if it does come your way?

Evelyn

Hi Marie
I will definitely put you in my prayers.....you guys need a break. Unfortunately, I think you're going to get it and just heard on the news that it may hit as a Cat 4.....

Are you going to evacuate if it does come your way?

Evelyn

We do evacuate. We board up a big window in the front of our home. Lock everything up and leave. Our house is 43 years old and has withstood many hurricanes however we have trees all around us and that scares us. Also Rita's destruction and flooding is only about 10 miles from where we live.

Thanks we sure need those prayers.

Thanks for all of your prayers. I'm just getting on for a few minutes. It's been a crazy day. Our 16 year old grandson went missing and we knew he was just hiding out but it's been a long 24 hours. Finally found him. Not in trouble with anything as far as we know just an ADHD teenager that doesn't want to go to school nor does he want to work. OK enough ranting.

Preparing our homes, picking up stuff in the yards, getting vehicles tanked up (already some problems with fuel) off and on. Getting all the bills paid and the banking done. That kind of stuff.

Any HOO we need all the prayers you can send our way..
Hope everyone else is OK.

we are still battened from last weekend but it looks westward of us (Nawleens) but we hope it doesn't go there. what a disaster that would be if it turns out to be a cat 3 as some have predicted. close watch is byword here on the Gulf.

Then there's that other one (Hannah) in the Atlantic that's being watched.

traditionally, this is the busiest hurricane time of the year (Aug and Sept).

Dear Lord, my wife just told me Gustav is now a Cat 4 and may be headed to being a Cat 5! :eek: You folks in the Gulf anywhere along the possible pathway of this monster take care and stay safe. My wife and I are praying hard for you.

(We also will be praying for folks on the Atlantic Coast with an eye to what Hanna will do. We have children and grandchildren living in coastal Carolina now. Irony of ironies, one of our grandchildren is named Hannah, and our first child -- whom we lost to leukemia at age 15 months -- was named Katrina. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf just three years ago as we were moving here into our mountain home. That was -- and still is -- an eerie feeling.)

Dear Lord, my wife just told me Gustav is now a Cat 4 and may be headed to being a Cat 5! :eek: You folks in the Gulf anywhere along the possible pathway of this monster take care and stay safe. My wife and I are praying hard for you.

(We also will be praying for folks on the Atlantic Coast with an eye to what Hanna will do. We have children and grandchildren living in coastal Carolina now. Irony of ironies, one of our grandchildren is named Hannah, and our first child -- whom we lost to leukemia at age 15 months -- was named Katrina. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf just three years ago as we were moving here into our mountain home. That was -- and still is -- an eerie feeling.)

don't mind telling you I am a nervous wreck. It's being predicted for Morgan City but the La. coast as well as all of the gulf coast is at risk. They are also predicting lots of rain (12 to 24 inches) We are packing to get out. We are in a voluntary evacuation pattern right now but parishes (counties) around us are already in mandatory evacuation.

We have nieces named Katrina and Hannah as well.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.
Earline

Latest posts

Back