guess who's back

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ar bee

After upgrading to a 'fully qualified' member of this e-VALVING society, please allow me to share some views/observations with all of you:

* 10 days post-op, 25 mm SJM, done by 'Grand Master S', Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore
*recovery: slowly, but steadily. Living up to the general mantra: walk; breath; rest; drink 2 litres a day; eat healthy and enough, distributed over 5-6 smaller meals a day.
*INR: slowly getting there.
*the click: yes I can hear it, however only in a quiet room, and it seems to be getting less relevant from one day to another.
*Vitamin K/Warfarin interaction: you ask 'x' people for an opinion and you get at least 'x+2' different views: bravo!! That will be good fun to manage
*the tube: yes it was a f&^%*g nuisance (pardon my French), but for 10 min, during which they refused to lubricate my lips due to to imminent removal. Considering the entire length of recovery (several weeks/month), I think 10 min are bearable.
*pain: got off Morphine app 48 hrs after procedure, then two panadols twice a day, now totally 'dry'. Very manageable like that.
*sleep: i have never been a 'sleep on my back? -person, so there goes my little problem: stiff back!
*eye-sight: looks as if my astigmatism has (temporarily) improved. According to docs this will disappear over the coming days (not yet classified as a pump head...)
* I know now what is to be understood by ?being hit by a truck?. I realised it the first time app 48 hrs post surgery, although thus far I would consider myself lucky as in only being hit by a 'minibus'.
* current drugs: warfarin, stomac ulcer prevention, blood pressure mgmt
* For all Startrekkers in this forum: I am fundamentally convinced that ?the BORG? are the main shareholders of all mechanical valve manufacturers! Assimilation has started! Humanoids be aware!
* I am missing an extensive, full body stretch. I am a bit into Yoga, so current inability to really stretch, twist and turn my body is dearly mourned. But then again 10 days post-op only!
* first outing today (10d post-op): sitting 30 min in a coffee shop - hooorrraaaa!
*currently resting at home and hoping that everything will continue as 'text-book' like as it has been thus far. I really do consider myself lucky!
* Goals for the coming weeks: continue climbing the hill of recovery, then getting off the blood pressure medicine, slowly start exercising again and oops almost forgot to mention: going back to work...

i want to thank all of you for your contributions/comments/opinions that make this forum such an invaluable source!

well2allofu
ar bee

Congratulations!

You have always been in control of your situation so no surprise you're managing so well, glad to hear of it. Welcome to the other side -- no more running in front of the minibus for you -- you can look at its fast receding backside for a change :)

All the best,
Burair

welcome back. Good to see you and know you are on the road to the good life. Keep on keepin on. Congratulations on your successful trek over the mountain.

Welcome home! Loved the comment on The Borg. :) But rest assured, no one has ever been able to assimilate me fully into any form of total compliance, so I think there's hope for you.

I was never a back sleeper either. After a bit, I was able to creatively use pillows to cushion a comfortable front/side position.

Keep up the good recovery "work".

Sounds like all is going very well - congrats.

Stretching can be a challenge for quite awhile. You have to manage to resist the desire to stretch too much while making sure you don't hunch over - tough balance sometimes.

Keep up the good work and stay in touch.

Welcome back and glad that you are doing so well. Keep up the cheerfulness and you will gain the betterness quicker than you can say "Dodge City",LOL. You just keep doing what you are doing and do what the doctor tells you. And relax, it helps recovery. Take care and keep us updated.

arbee,

Good news! Welcome back. I know you'll be on the rower again as soon as your sternum is healed. In the meantime, walk and rest. Best wishes to you for a complete recovery.

Latest posts

Back