Gotta love AFLAC!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy & Robyn

We just received two checks totalling nearly $7,000 for my first valve repair surgery and the subsequent hospitalization for endocarditis. We had only taken out the policy a year before my diagnosis. Nice when something actually goes our way for once.

Not that we can go on a shopping spree or anything. But it nearly covers our cost for going out of network on our insurance.

Very tempting to have the next surgery done locally and pocket the AFLAC payments rather than go out of network again to Cleveland Clinic. But then I realized I wouldn't be able to spend it if I were dead. :eek:

Randy

Congratulations- glad you are going to Cleveland, so you can be sure you wil keep on "quacking"!:)

Isn't AFLAC the bomb? I had a pretty klutzy year, a car accident and a workers' comp injury. When I was holding the renewal information meeting for our employee AFLAC policies, the rep mentioned workers' comp injuries being eligible for the Accident Policy, which I have.

Nice - filed two claims on my Accident Policy and got around $2,000. The rep told me that AFLAC's way of making money is that they count on people "forgetting" they have the policy, or begin to fill out the claim forms and never finish.

AFLAC told me that they won't cover Mike under their Hospitalization Policy for something like six years, because of his AVR. Have they said anything to you after you filed the claim? He's covered under the Accident, but nothing else for six years.

QUACK!

I'm Glad Too

I'm Glad Too

Randy, You deserve it! Especially for having the good sense to have the policy! Hope things continue to go better for you! Brian

PamO said:
AFLAC told me that they won't cover Mike under their Hospitalization Policy for something like six years, because of his AVR. Have they said anything to you after you filed the claim? He's covered under the Accident, but nothing else for six years.

They haven't mentioned anything about rejecting claims due to an AVR. We'll just have to wait and see what happens after my next surgery.

What Kind of AFLAC?

What Kind of AFLAC?

What kind of AFLAC policy did you have? Was it a hospitalization policy or what?

Just curious, I have the accident insurance!

Heather

hpuehler said:
What kind of AFLAC policy did you have? Was it a hospitalization policy or what?

Just curious, I have the accident insurance!

Heather

We have numerous AFLAC policies. I'm not sure of the exact names because they are through my wife's employer. We have one for hospitalization, one for cancer, one for icu, one for heart conditions and one for accidents. The total monthly premium for both my wife and me is around $150. Not cheap but it is paying off.

I believe we are getting our payments from the hospitalization and icu policies. The heart care policy only covers heart attacks and strokes.

Randy

We are cheering for Cleavland Randy :) We want everything perfect for you next time around. When are they looking to do surgery? Happy to hear you guys got something back!! We racked up some good bills in Rochester with the suprise endocarditis and following surgery, mostly hotel costs. Even though I spent every night but Nathan's first post op night with him in the hospital, we still had two weeks at the Spring Hill Suites for his parents and our kids. Then you have all the extra stuff like food, gas etc.. We were lucky to have Nathan's insurance through UPS/Teamster. If we had insurance through me, we would have been up a creek. I gave two weeks notice on my surgical assisting job on Friday and I am returning to a job with better health care coverage in the event that he gets sick again, or if my daughter may need heart surgery.

We continue to think of you guys often. Take care, and stay in touch! We are here every day even if not posting!

Jeff was told that because of his heart we can't get AFLAC. I think that is a CROCK instead of a QUACK!!:mad:

Michelle - you probably can't get coverage for the hospitalization or ICU policies but you should have no problem getting the accident policy. AFLAC will try to sell you a blanket policy that covers all of the components but you can also buy each component policy separately.

Latest posts

Back