Gotta brag about my wife...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillCobit

Okay, she's not the heart patient. BUT, I was proud as can be last Sunday when she completed Ironman Wisconsin. 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run.

She continues to be my inspiration and my big fan (even tho she can kick my butt) and my supporter.

4 years ago I did my first short distance tri w/ baggy swim trunks, a mountain bike, basketball shoes and a seriously regurgitant valve during a pouring rain - I was almost last. My wife came out to watch and said (to my surprise) "that looks like fun, I'm going to do one of those." At the time, she didn't know how to swim, and got gassed running 1/4 mile. Doggone if she didn't follow through on her threat the next summer...then continued on to Ironman!

Since my first pathetic introduction to triathlon, we've shared our dreams and experiences, nursed each other through some tough times (like heart surgery and broken legs), trained together and cheered each other on. When I think about it, I am truly amazed at how far we've come together, during a time in life when many retire to the couch. We've each had our struggles, but I treasure the experiences we've had together, and enjoy the tightened bond we have through pursuit of athletic goals.

Now I wanna do an Ironman!!

finisher.jpg

Bill,
Congratulations to your wife! 99% of people couldn't complete one leg of an Ironman, let alone do the whole thing. You should be very proud of her.
I'm doing my second sprint Tri in a couple of weeks and have harbored thoughts of trying to do an Olympic distance race next summer. The thought of doing a full Ironman boggles the mind...

Mark

Bill,

Congratulations on a wonderful relationship that has seen you both through so much, and has added immeasurably to your lives. The support and love that you share is inspiring. Reading about it has completely made my day.

Congratulations also to your wife, for her very real accomplishment. May both of you enjoy many more good times and adventures together.

Best wishes,

Hey Bill, that is just awesome.. What an accomplishment - as they say: we're not getting older - we're getting better.... I can't imagine swimming 2.4 miles and then bike 112 miles and THEN turn around and run 26.2 !! Oh, my god.. that's just fantastic... You go GIRL.. :) Bill, I'm sure your support meant alot - I know I could never do what I do without my hubbies support and encouragement..

Keep us posted on any new adventures.. I'd love to hear about them...

Marilyn (runner)

Bill,

What a wonderful achievement. Please tell her that we're all amazed and proud of her!

Bill, what a wonderful accomplishment for your wife. Offer her my congratulations. Isn't it wonderful to have 100% support from our soul mate?

Latest posts

Back