Got the willies over here as well! Surgery March 7th

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambriz

So Juan goes in for his pre-op visit this Friday, then it's surgery on March 7th.
I think he is a little nervous, but I'm so proud of him because I know were it me in his shoes right now, I'd be a blubbering mess lol.

He's having it at Kaiser on Sunset, and we live 1 hour and 30 away from LA so will be going on Friday to stay in LA. He will stay at his moms house and I'll be with the kids at my moms house. (those locations are only a mile away from each other) If there is room at his parents, I might stay there.

I'll bring my laptop with me and hopefully update while I'm waiting for him to get out of surgery.

Thanks so much for all the support here and information.

Try to do a little positive visualization. Perhaps you might think about the things the two of you will be able to do when your husband's heart is repaired. It is probably only natural that one tends to focus on surgery as the frightening thing but the really awful thing would be the uncontrolled progress of your husband's disease. Without surgery, our prospects are pretty grim. It might be more useful to think of surgery as a doorway into a new and better future. Recovery can be stressful but it is nothing like the stress of living with a condition that leaves you unable to live your life. The disease is the bad thing; Surgery is the way out. How fortunate we are to have that escape.

Larry

Sending positive thoughts in your direction for both you and Juan. It's natural to get a little nutty as the time gets closer. Kaiser on Sunset is a great institution. My husband had a heart procedure there many years ago and everyone there was very helpful. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Having just gone through this I can appreciate your fear, just remember that is the right thing to do and it will be OK.
Look at it as a new beginning that will enhance your lives. May the Gods be kind!

Jeff from the "Great White North"

Positive, caring thoughts are on the way to Juan , you and your family. March is going to be a VERY VERY good month.....I just know it !!!! ( I have ESP...Extra Special Prayers )
Renee

Alright, we are heading over to my moms house and his parents house. Have to be at Kaiser at 5:30 AM tomorrow. I'll have my laptop with me and will update when I am able. (i hope they have wireless in the hospital)

Back