Got me H1N1 today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcasey5

Maryland, my GP office just got them in. My Son's doc doesn't have them at all, which is unfortunate because he has asthema.

Anyone else get their's?

edit, I can't believe I put me instead of my.:eek:

Maryland, my GP office just got them in. My Son's doc doesn't have them at all, which is unfortunate because he has asthema.

Anyone else get their's?

edit, I can't believe I put me instead of my.:eek:

I don't blame you for typing me instead of my. If I had received the vaccine, I'd be excited too!;):)
There's a shortage in our area, so I haven't received it yet.

Texas has the fewest per capita doses available. I don't even know where to BEGIN to look, because my internist isn't giving them. I don't imagine I'll get any help calling local allergists and pedicatricians, since I'm not a patient already!

A gal at work has asthma and takes strong arthritis drugs, IV. She and I were talking about where on earth to get the shots, even when they start shipping to us.

I got mad at the news last night, where it sounded as if the newscaster was chastizing people for not getting the vaccine. Cripes! make it available and I'll be first in line!

I got my H1N1 shot yesterday. I live in the Philadelphia area and work at a private school. We are currently experiencing an epidemic of the flu here at school with over 1/3 of the students out sick. We have elementary, middle and high school here. That's a lot of kids. Faculty and staff have not been hit with flu as badly as the students. Anyway the school gave out the regular flu shot a month ago to all employees who wanted to get it. The last two days they have been innoculating students (with permission slips) and faculty and staff with the H1N1 shot. So I consider myself lucky to have received it. i don't think any of the doctors' offices around here have the vacine.

I called our local Public Health and was just about laughed at. When she heard I was over 50 years, she said forget it, I wouldn't be eligibile no matter my heart condition. (I have more issues than just a bovine valve).

She said children, pregnant women and health care workers would be getting the vaccine when and if they received any. They have none now. It has been announced New England (Massachusetts) has not received much supply.

Sounds like by the time any gets here, it will be too late. We will either have already had the flu and recovered or didn't or the peak of the outbreak has passed and we had a natural immunity.

Who is handling the distribution of it? The Government? Or the drug companies?

I wonder what doctors are doing about prescribing tamiflu. We are going on a cruise and will be flying to get there. If I get the flu while traveling, I sure think it wise to have tamiflu with me to begin immediately. The cruise ship may have a limited supply but if there is an outbreak aboard (easily can happen considering the number of people in a small space), it would be good to have tamiflu. Should doctors prescribe it for such 'just in case' situation with a high risk patient like some of us?

I read that the current virus will mutate and change form. As flu usually does. Offering a 50/50 chance of protection. Further, if you look at the seasonal vaccine........ It is comprised of H1N1, amongst others. Offering a small window of coverage. I have decided not to knock myself out looking for the H1N1 vaccine. Already covered by the seasonal vaccine. Supply of the seasonal vaccine was also short in our area.

I got my seasonal flu shot 3 weeks ago. I have changed my mind about the H1N1 vaccine and when its available to me,I will be getting one. I have many friends in the medical field that have recommended it given all my health issues.

I got my regular flu vaccine this year...but am very weary of getting the H1N1 vaccine. We have had several cases in Tennessee. But our school system in Knoxville hasnt shut down so Im thinking if that does happen I will get one.

We dont have the H1N1 available here yet..but went today and got my flu shot....and went thursday and got my pneumonia shot. Dont want to get sick now..lol

It's not available here in Va. yet. I called the St. Dept. of Health and they told me to call my local health department. I called the local health department and they told me to call the State.....don't ya just love government programs!!!!

Evelyn

Love the Government programs.? yeah right. And this is what they want for our future health care system? lol...... I just keep hearing on the news how much of the H1N1 virus shot has been distributed, but we dont even have it in our state.

Back