Good to be back.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward_F

Well I came home to a broken computer so I couldn't respond last week upon my return.
One thing I have learned is that it seamed easier the first time around. Other than the general crappy feeling and weird stabbing pains in my left kidney area and ribs, I guess I'm OK. I get to go back to Houston tomorrow for a follow up. Dr Ott, and the St. Lukes staff on the 11th floor were awesome! Luckily, Dr. Ott was able to save my autograph pulmonary valve in the aortic position from my previous Ross.

Thank you for your prayers!

welcome back!
Edward what was so different from the first time? Glad you are home and doing well. Best wishes to your recovery.

Edward
Welcome back and wishing you a speedy, bump-free recovery. Are you a lot older than you were, your first surgery ? Had any other health conditions developed, such as diabetes, etc ?? Curious.........as most here have said, re-ops were less stressful, as they knew what to expect.

Renee

Go Team 2011 !!!!!

To me, the comparisons between the two ops, from those who've had two, has seemed pretty random -- some had easier 2nd OHSs, some harder. I haven't kept count, but I certainly remember a few of each kind.

Hi All, the appointment went ok. Dr. Ott told me not to take anymore diuretics and potassium pills. He didn't have an answer for the pains, but I think it was caused by the diuretics because they stopped after I quit taking them. Unfortunately, I am still running a daily off and on low grade fever, though I peeked at 101.1 yesterday. I have an appointment for a blood test on Monday though. I run a fever and feel a little "strange", but I have no other real symptoms that something is truly wrong. I still have a little fluid in my lungs though that I'm working on getting rid of with the spirometer.

The first time around, it was a miserable first few days, but I was energetic and ready to get back to life after the first two weeks. Now I feel crappy, sore, and feverish three weeks later. Oddly enough, I didn't get a huggy pillow after the first surgery, nor did I have to wear anti embolism socks. The last difference is meds. I'm on a Beta Blocker, Asprin, and some sort of digestive pill now. After the first surgery, the only thing I was on was a prescription strength ibuprofen. Oh well:frown2:

Back