Good Check up and some new advancements

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahsmom

Hello,

Hannah had her check up with her cardio today and I am very thrilled to report that everything looks great. She said her heart is functioning beautifully. Music to my mommy ears!

Hannah had some anxiety issues prior to this appointment which led us (her dr and I) to go over everything in regards to her condition and current health status and her dr assured her she is healthier now than she has ever been and she has no concerns! :)

In addition, we talked about the new advancements in the event she would ever need another replacement and the dr. seemed most excited about cell regeneration - harvesting your own cells to grow a new, properly functioning valve that would grow with the patient and would not need replaced. I hadn't heard about this, and thought is was amazing! Just wanted to share that every day there is more and more out there for heart patients. Gives everyone a reason to feel hopeful!

Have a good day :)

Awesome great news!

Regarding the new advancements, I had a cardiologist several years ago who said that he personally worked with a trial wherein he injected heart attack patients' own stem cells into their damaged heart muscle, with dramatic results. I wonder what ever happened to that and if it is similar to the way vets are now treating hip dysplasia in dogs and broken legs in horses.

Hello,

Hannah had her check up with her cardio today and I am very thrilled to report that everything looks great. She said her heart is functioning beautifully. Music to my mommy ears!

Hannah had some anxiety issues prior to this appointment which led us (her dr and I) to go over everything in regards to her condition and current health status and her dr assured her she is healthier now than she has ever been and she has no concerns! :)

In addition, we talked about the new advancements in the event she would ever need another replacement and the dr. seemed most excited about cell regeneration - harvesting your own cells to grow a new, properly functioning valve that would grow with the patient and would not need replaced. I hadn't heard about this, and thought is was amazing! Just wanted to share that every day there is more and more out there for heart patients. Gives everyone a reason to feel hopeful!

Have a good day :)

I'm glad hannah app went so well It is always such a relief. Hopefully Hannah never needs another surgery but Tissue engineered valves, like you are talking about where they take a scaffolding stripped of cells and the patients own cells grow on them have been my hopes for awhile since Justin will need his pulm valve and conduit replaced thru out his life. One of my heart Mom friends actually has fundraiser for Dr Mayer's up in Childrens Bston work on tissue engineered valves, One of he company's that has been mentioned here lately is Cormatrix http://www.cormatrix.com/sites/cormatrixcom/files/991-Press_release_-_New_patents_-_7-15-13_-_V2.pdf looks very promising. Between tissue engineered parts and how well all the percutaneous valves or valves in valves are doing, really give hope for the children and adults who need surgeries in the future compared to even 10 years ago.

Back