Going in Tuesday AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james

All I can say is this waiting has been a pain in the butt.

I had my last day at work on Tuesday and I feel better though I noticed that the Amiodarone does make me dizzy.
I showed Heidi how to log in here so hopefully we will get a post on the other side soon.
Thank you all for your support and information.

Cut your toe nails and enjoy the weekend.

When Heidi finds the time to up-date us, that would be great - we all start to worry if we don't hear anything after 2 days.

Living by the golden rule "no news is good news" is very hard.

Best of luck come Tuesday, and Heidi make sure you look after yourself too.

Happy New Year to you both

Best of luck - I have no doubt you will do great.

Waiting is the worst part. You and I are close in age and I found that my expectations were far worse that the experience. Recovery was no problem and I saw it as a chance to catch on movies/books. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you can....

James, you're almost there; the waiting is almost over! -- Try to relax and enjoy the holiday weekend. Sending you my best thoughts and prayers. All best for a successful outcome and a smooth recovery.

Wishing you the best. Here's a toast to a speedy and smooth recovery.
Try to keep yourself busy this weekend and it will be here before you know it.

Sending you all the best Mojo I can muster for a great turnout ( Dancing naked in my recliner, Boom Shaka Laka Laka Ding Dong. Good Vibes Fly fast to James. ) You are on my prayer list. Just remember that you are joining a select and elite group. "The Dun Dood its," wanna see my scar? Club. Keep positive. We are here for ya. Rick

Good luck, James! I'm going for my surgery the following week and, I agree, the waiting is just awful!

Best wishes, James, for an easy ride, and a smoth and bump-free recovery. Just remember though, if you do hit a bump, most of us do at some point or another, and they are usually just bumps, not major detours!

Heidi, we really do worry, so post a quick update as soon as you can, please. And rest as much as you can, I figure it is more stressful on our nearests and dearests, after all, we ge to sleep through the whole thing :D

James, my wishes for an easy ride and a quick recovery being sent your way. Have a great New Years, watching all those exciting games and enjoy the weekend. You will come out of that hospital a better man than when you went in (but it might take a few days/weeks to actually feel that way). It's definitely an "E-ticket" ride (you're probably way to young to know that expression). Thoughts will be with you.

Midge

Good luck James -- I agree with everyone that the waiting is the worst. The recovery is uncomfortable and looongg but you will be fine - better than ever. Wait till this time next year - you won't believe the difference!
All the best,
Dale

James. You are gonna be surprised at how manageable this whole thing really is. You have had a really good attitude walking towards this, and the positive thinking and sense of humor will be very useful in carrying you through.

In the hospital -- smile at everyone you meet. Thank them all. Use them. They are there for you. Ask anytime you have any question or concern at all. If the answer doesn't feel right, or is less than what you need, keep asking. Particularly this is for Heidi. She must use her antennae and keep a watchful eye out for you.

Load up the iPod, take a deck of cards, have someone bring in some extra pillows once you're out of CICU. Shoulders back, head high, lots of slow deep breaths. Go in confidence.

Best wishes!! Godspeed.

Marguerite

Back