Going home today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mixduptransistor

Posting this as I await my last breakfast from the hospital, then time to go home. I had my surgery on Wednesday and it went great. Was in ICU about 24 hours or so. The doctor ended up doing an valve sparing aortic root replacement, he stated the valve was in good shape and would greatly outlast any tissue valve he could have put in. So, now I go home and dread week 5 or 6 when I will probably actually have to go back to work.

Your one of the few that it could be done that way. Be proud! Welcome to home when you get there. :D

I'm happy to hear you did so well and are getting to go home today!! I hope you continue to have an easy recovery. Take care, Dawn-Marie

Congratulations on a great outcome to your surgery. Natural is always better, sounds like you had a top notch surgeon. Take it easy when you get home.

Home sweet home,feels so great to get home
Glad all went good for you,look forward to your posts.

zipper2 (DEB)

I am also one of the lucky/blessed individuals who's own valves could be fixed up and used again. The good Lord knew that I would go nuts with a "tick tick" in my chest!

A special "bow of honour" for those of you who have mechanical or other valves. Solute.

hugs ( )

hard to believe but today makes a month since my surgery and I've been back to work for 3 days already. I actually feel much better than I did before the surgery, and they didn't even replace the valve. Amazing how much trouble a dilated aorta can cause

Back