Getting Closer

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aunt Granny

I had my heart cath, and they confirmed that it is time. I have an appointment with the surgeon 12/17/03. The only concern I have is that I think I have shoes older than he is. They say he has done over 2000 surgeries in 7 (+) years.:rolleyes: . As my sister said, you really want someone with a steady hand, even if he is 18 :D . I am having a heck of a time sleeping, and I get moody. I guess that is all part of it. Well I will let yall know what happens next Wednesday.

God Bless for now

Aunt Granny:

My surgeon was so young-looking his nickname was Doogie Houser. But lots of the nurses also said they wouldn't have anyone else operate on them.

I had problems sleeping about 1-2MO before surgery. PCP gave me "sleeping pills," turns out they were antidepressants and knocked me out. Took Tylenol PM instead.

What hospital do you anticipate having surgery at? I'm in the Fort Worth area and Justin isn't that far away--up near Denton & Argyle.

Aunt Granny:

Just saw your profile -- I'm 7 years older than you ... My oldest shoes are only about 10 years old -- Selbys, which they don't make anymore. Doctor younger than that would be using a doctor's kit from Toys R Us. :D

The surgery is going to be done @ Baylor downtown Dallas. My doctor's name is Gregory Matter. It is wonderful that you are so close. I live just behind the Texas Motor Speedway. Anyway, I notice your beautiful cat. I have 2 inside and any stray, cat, dog, rabbit etc for 40 miles. Currently I have 3 cats that came up in the mommy's bell. Then I picked up another one from a garage sale. The lady said she just came up on Halloween & stayed, but wanted to get rid of her. So we got Blackie & a student desk (like when we were in school), for 3$. Not bad if you ask me, just don't ask my hubby. Where was your surgery done and if you don't mind who was your surgeon.;)

Aunt Granny:

Doogie Howser is Gregory Matter. What a small world!!

My cardio is Michael Donsky, who is in same office complex with Matter. Office is on top floor in Baylor's heart hospital, Jack & Jane Hamilton Heart Hospital I think it's called. (The Hamiltons' son graduated from Lake Highlands High School with me.) Hamilton Hospital is where they do less involved heart procedures & heart caths. Roberts Hospital is where you'll have surgery, I think, and be hospitalized. I had also considered St. Luke's in Houston (Texas Heart Institute), but Baylor is closer to my immediate family. We've been having surgeries/babies there since late 1950s.

Matter did try to repair my mitral valve -- fixed chordae, but leaflets were also shot, so he put in a St. Jude. I had told him B4 surgery I wanted to avoid likelihood of another replacement on down the road.

I think all rooms on cardiac floors (there are 2 or 3 in Roberts) are private. At least I had a private room. Nursing staff was excellent.

PM me so we can exchange home/cell numbers.

Latest posts

Back