Frustrated And Upset

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joy

Hey guys, I guess this will be my venting place for a few minutes! I have been going through a lot of crap trying to get an appointment for my yearly exam(which is 6 months late) and they won't schedule me! THe naval hospital in bremerton got deployment ordersso I can't get an appointment with any doctor. I have an issue right now that I think needs to be checked out, and ARGH! I just got over my normal period, which wasn't my normal period, and it hasn't stopeed. It isn't a continuous bleeding, only when I urinate. But Ihave also had this pain in my right side for MONTHS and when I took it to the naval hospital bremerton ER, they just laughted and said, "yeah, and?" I tried telling them I need to be able to get ahold of my doctor when I have issues, and they were like, "I can't help you out, sorry." THis sucks! I am to the point where if they don't care, why should I go in? I'm only going to get laughed at, so why bother, anymore. I called the CO, and couldn't get in to her, because I have to go through other people first. THe other people said that they couldn't help me out. I give up!

Joy-

If you have a urinary tract infection, seems you should be able to get medical help for it. That's kind of an emergency and can go on to your kidneys and that would be really bad for your heart and for you. It's not something the medical personnel should be laughing about. Something isn't right here. You should get medical help when you need it. Why can't you call the CO anyway and report these clowns. You'll never get anywhere if their buddies are protecting them. I thought we took better care of our servicemen and their families. They are putting their lives on the line for us.

I know we have other military people here. What do you all think? I have no idea how the military works, but is this something that sounds right to you?????

As far as I'm concerned

As far as I'm concerned

our men and women AND THEIR FAMILIES should get the best medical care this country has to offer. I think that's awful that you can't get in. Everyone should be able to get medical care, especially people in the military and their families. I'm assuming your husband is a navy man. It's okay for him to risk his life for his country but his country can't get his wife medical attention when it's needed. I feel for you. It does sound like you have a urinary tract infection, though. Until you see someone drink loads of water. But you should not have to go through all this red tape

I was thinking more on the lines of a cyst, since I have a history of bad pap smears, so does my mom. I don't remember what level my last abnormal pap was, but it was like 5 years ago. I had one in july of 2001, and that was the last one i had. I can't believe that the naval hospital bremerton is number 5 in the navy????? I would hate to see the worst hospital in the navy! I have had so many problems with this hospital mis-dxing me, and being rude to me, I sometimes wonder where these doctors got their degrees, out of a cereal box??????? They get paid like $3000 plus their base pay to be in the medical profession. Geez, I wonder what they are in it for? I firmly believe that in order to be a doctor, you have to LOVE what you do, and be willing to make sacrifices for it. My docs at the UW love what they do, and you can tell. THe "docs" at the NHB are there for the pay and that's all they care about. It really sucks that I have to drive all the way to Seattle to get some decent medical attention, but I'm willing to do it. I do get a lot of UTI's, and they don't do much for them either. They keep telling me that I wouldn't hurt in the back or side for my kidneys or my appendix. I have pain in my lower right side, and it gets worst with my menses. I will hear back tomorrow about when I will have my appointment and if I have to drive to Seattle for it or not. Either way, Tricare can pay for it!

Hi Neighbor

Hi Neighbor

Hi Joy,
That's 'B.S.' Joy that your being treated that way. Being ex military, I'm here to tell you their is no excuse for that. If your not satified, ask whom you spoke to, who their supervisor is, and keep going up. At some point, someones head will roll. I also suggest you go to the E. R. in the middle of the night, or try Madigan Army Medical Hospital at Ft. Lewis. Again go as an emergency after hours. Then they have to get you a referal appt. With your situation it is nothing to play around with.
I won't let you give up. Your my next door neighbor, and we got to stick together girl! Please keep us posted. If necessary call Senator Murray's office.
Mark

Last edited:
Hi Joy!

As you might remember, my daughter and her husband were out at Whidby for 5 years. There, she got excellent medical attention. I am always somewhat surprised to hear of your issues with them, although I do not doubt for a sec that they are true. The only problem she has had is getting the insurance straightened out now that they are not stationed near a base. (He is at Cornell, teaching ROTC). Is the naval station/hospital at Whidby closer for you????? I can't recall the geography of your incredibly beautiful state. Whenever I think of the Pacific North West, I think of Friday Harbor, Anacortes, Desperation Point, and Coupeville. And the weather....that is something else.

Best wishes to you Joy. I hope my idea about going to Whidby helps.

Marybeth

oh boy Joy,

sorry to hear that these military are dissing you. ITS NOT RIGHT!

I'M shocked. Do they look at you and see a young, healthy looking,person that doesn't look sick? Do they read your file? Maybe if you insisted they look at your medical history before they make any judgements they may have more concern. I would hope so. wondering--what is uw and nhb ??

wishing you the best in resolving these problems:confused:

Hey all, I am glad you guys are all behind me. Naval hospital Bremerton just happens to be home of the bad attitude docs, I swear. I am getting this straightened out, though. On Monday I am going to call and find out if my referral has gone in yet and then I will get to make an appointment witht e UW women's health department. They are working hard to get me in within a week! Cool, as busy as they are! My PCM is at the Internal medicine department, and he's a good guy, he's staying behind, so he has the next two days off because I am guessing he's going to be very busy! That's why I have to wait until monday to get the referral out. That department is pretty good, It's just the rest of the hospital that is running around with their tails between their legs. Oh, and Tri care, as well. That is a messed up insurance company. Anyways, I am feeling much better todayI just had to get ahold of the right people. It's frustrating when you are working so hard and you don't get anywhere.

Latest posts

Back