Frank's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Frank-

Your surgery is coming up this week. I want to wish you the most successful surgical result possible. We'll all be waiting to hear how it went. I hope someone can post for you.

Good luck and God Bless.

Nancy,
Thank you and all the others for your prayers and kind words. Also for starting this thread. I've been wanting to do this myself but have been a bit preoccupied. My wife doesn't use the computer and plans to stay at the hospital with me much of the time, so I'm going to ask one of my daughters to post an update under this thread when she can.

Thanks again,
Frank

Frank, you are getting closer to the mark now so just settle down. You can't avoid it, you know. You are in my prayers and will be thinking of you as you go off to surgery. Many invisible hands will be holding yours and your wife's. We will be anxious to hear from your daughter. Godspeed

hi frank!
wishing you all the best in your upcoming surgery. it'll all be behind you before you know it. you will be in our prayers and we will be awaiting updates on how you're doing. thank your daughter in advance, please.
be well and God bless you,
sylvia

Hello- My name is Jennifer- I am Frank's daughter. He asked me to let all of you know how he was doing. I just returned home from the hospital. HE IS DOING GREAT! The surgery went well. The surgery started at 7:30 and ended around 11:30 am today. My family & I went into see him right after the surgery. They said that he would be uncontious and remain on the breathing tube for probably a couple of more hours.

At 10:30 the sergeon said that they had finished the operation and it looked great but not perfect (there was a leak) so they went back in and stopped the leak. I will be returning to the hospital soon to see him. I know how important that it was to him that you all know how he is doing. I am greatful for this website and for all of you for the awesome support that you have given my dad. I know that it was so important to him to share w/ people who have, are, or will be going through the same thing. I can see how God has used this. I will try to give you all updates on his condition as I receive more news.

Again- Thank so much for your encouragement. God bless all of you!

Thank you, thank you, Jennifer for posting to us.

Frank - now you are over the mountaintop and one of the 'mob. Welcome to the best side of the mountain. You are in my prayers and I pray your recovery will be rapid and you will be back posting soon to let us know your experiences. Just take it easy now that it's over. You will be rid of those tubes quickly and then walking tomorrow and from then on it's all downhill (well, except for the evil sneezes - watch out for them). God bless:)

Hi Frank-

So very, very happy for you. It's all coasting from here. A little soreness, and a lot of healing, but in a couple of months, you'll be your old self, only much better.

Congrats to you and your family.

Such good news to hear Frank. Sounds like it couldn't have gone better. It gives me courage for next week.

Hi Jennifer & Frank
so glad the surgery is over, as each day dawns you will improve and feel better, my thoughts are with you as you recover,Keep that pillow handy

Keep smiling
Jan

Pillow, recliner, remote control, and alot of love........necessary ingredients for a happy recovery.

Congratulations, Frank. Best wishes.

Wayne and Marybeth

hi jennifer!
thank you so much for letting us know how well your dad is doing. please send him our best wishes for a speedy and easy recovery.
frank,
please try to take it easy and you will feel better with each new day.
we look forward to hearing more updates.
be well and God bless you,
sylvia

Frank,

Glad to hear that all went well. I'm looking forward to seeing your posts during the early recovery period. Best wishes --- Ron K

Last edited:
Hey Frank!

I am so glad to hear that everything went well for you and that your daughter was able to post your progress on here. You'll be better in no time at all. Every two weeks or so, you'll look back and realize how far you've come. Two and 1/2 years now after my surgery and the only reminder I have is the scar! God bless.

Hi Frank and Jennifer,

I hope that everything is OK... Haven't heard back since they were going back to fix your leak. Is everything OK?

Please let us know,

Hello Again- This is Frank's daughter Jennifer.
Just wanted to update you on my Dad's condition. The doctor's can't beleive how fast he is recovering. He is doing great, but feels very week. (As he should). He has however been running a fever for the last few days and today it was over 102 for quite a while. They have done a chest X-Ray to check for an infection and completed blood work. It seems that it is not too common to maintain a fever for this long. We are all praying that the fever will subside and that this is nothing serious. If the fever does subside we expect that he will come home on Tuesday.
He or I will be in touch soon. Thanks Again.

Jennifer and Frank

Thanks for the update. I'm glad Frank is recovering quickly and hope he is over the minor fever bump in the road soon. I'm sure he is looking forward to going home soon for a quick and uneventful recovery. I'm wishing you the all the best.

Chris.

Thanks for the update, Jennifer. Usually after any surgery there is fever from meds but 102 is pretty high. Will pray that it will be gone quickly.

Hang in, Frank. You'll be home real soon and on the road to strength again. God bless:)

Jennifer - Glad to hear your dad is getting better quick. I can't think of better news. Please keep us informed. Tomorrow is Tueday, I hope to hear the good news. I am anxiously awaiting to hear from Frank.

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for the update. I'm sure your Dad will be feeling better soon. Frank, I can't wait to hear an update from you and your thoughts on everything. Then, of course, your thoughts will probably be better in a few weeks! :)

I wish I had joined this forum before, but since it's title is ValveReplacement.com, I didn't think it was for me since I had a MVP repair. I kept my comments on the Heart Forum on MedHelp.

This board is great and I love seeing others' pictures - that's a very nice feature. I hope someday I can help someone on this board, too.

Latest posts

Back