Frank's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denise, I found this site after quad bypass when I was just learning the net and wanted to find out what had happened to me. Lucked into here and everyone sounded so nice that I just stayed around - one day I realized that it was for valvereplacementers (duh) but they said I could hang with them anyway so am still here 2 yrs later. For a time Billy and I were the only two without valve replacements, but now we have many others - like SOs who are members. It is such a good site and Hank is so good about welcoming everybody. And so much information and support. So, don't go way as once you are in, you're ours. God bless:)

hi jennifer!
sorry to hear your dad is running a fever. sometimes it takes awhile for things to smooth out and for the recovery to go as hoped for. when my husband had his surgery, we thought he'd be home in 4 days. instead, he had some setbacks and ended up staying a full week.
i hope the fever is nothing serious and that things will start easing up soon.
please wish your dad all the best and a speedy recovery. also, please let him know we are thinking of him and he is in our prayers.
thank you for keeping us up to date.
-sylvia

Hi Frank and Jennifer,

It is Wednesday morning so hopefully Frank is home. I was glad to hear that he is recovering quickly. Once you ae home Frank - Remember to take it easy and enjoy the opportunity to rest and relax. Look forward to hearing an update.

God Bless,

Tammy

MVR 04/06/89

I hope the fever is under control and that your dad will be home soon. Lynnk

Glad to hear that you're out of surgery. Now rest, rest, rest, and just soak up that Florida sunshine, and keep that pillow handy.
I'm headed for Florida next week, have to tan my scar.

Hello all,
I arrived back home this afternoon. Although I'm not in much pain I am still running some fever. The Docs said that I have some fluid on one of my lungs and that a portion of it was depressed from the fluid. They said that since my fever has lessened slightly each day they believed it would resolve itself. Since I'm not in very much pain I haven't taken very many of the pain meds. When I do, however, my temp. goes down. They told me to use the breathing apparatus (spirometer ?) deligently and I have. Took my temp. about an hour ago and it was 100.9, took some Tylenol and now its 100.4.

I can't begin to thank you all enough for the strong support and prayers, believe me, I thought of your encouragement and felt your prayers. As it turned out, I really need the MV repair worst then I had thought. Now its behind me and I'm on the other side of the mountain with some outstanding company. God bless you all and especially those about to have their surgeries. Gosh, I'm getting tired, will add more later.

Frank

Hi Frank - glad to hear you are home and on the mend. Sounds like you are doing very well and the fever is coming down. You will soon be up and about and feeling so much better than you could realize before. Welcome to this side of the mountain. Prayers work wonders, don't they. God bless

Hey Frank!

It is wonderful to hear from you and I'm so glad you're not in much pain. Thank your daughter for communicating your progress to us.

See, all the time you spent wondering about the surgery and it turns out you really needed it! You'll have to tell us all about it when you're up to it.

Did you have minimally invasive or the full sternotomy? We want details! God bless.

Latest posts

Back