Four Years & Counting

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turkey Hunter

Yesterday was my four year check-up at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
And this was actually the first one of my check-ups I have actually looked forward to. I am past the "three year test" that some say exists for the Ross Procedure and both of my valves are in great working condition. My LV is no longer enlarged at all and even though I have some after market parts......the doc said at this point there aren't any more "abnormal" concerns for my heart and that it is time to pay attention to the normal heart concerns. i.e. cholesterol, weight, and general health to prevent artery disease. That is the first time in my lifetime I have ever heard anyone use the words normal and heart in the same sentence when discussing me! Great feeling!!

(Before some of you wise acres say it....I know there isn't much normal about me..............................And for you really ornery ones....yes, my family is just as amazed as you that they can even find a heart !)

Anyhow, I thought I would pass this on to you.
Have a great day all!!

Ben

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Ben,

What wonderful news!! Congratulations on four years of renewed health. May you continue to be blessed.

Christina L.

Hi Ben,
That is great news.
I remember 'talking' with you back then.
Time sure does fly.
I hope there are many, many more years for you to celebrate. :D

Hello Mr. Ben!

Hello Mr. Ben!

Congratulations to my good ornery friend! :D Sure wish you were coming to the reunion in Golden next week. Everyone will miss you!!

So glad to hear the good news. Today's also a milestone day for me too....

FIVE YEARS AND COUNTING!!! :D Yep, October 7, 1999 I had my valve replaced. I celebrate each day and enjoy life...!

Congratulations Ben!!

Congratulations Ben!!

Hey Ben!!

You should carry your ?ornery acre? out here to CO so we can properly celebrate this occasion!! :D :D

Congratulations to my girlfriend Janie on this very special day too!!

Ben, congratulations on your wonderful news. It's great for you to be "normal" again. Keep up the good work!

Howdy Ben, congrats to you. Hope the Ross will last forever.
We will miss you in Colorado but will drink a few in honor of this milestone.
Janie.. the same wishes apply to you. May God bless you with great health and happiness.
I'll see you in a few days and we will all celebrate the wonderful miracle of this life saving surgery.

Ben,

Congratulations on your 4 year checkup and on the great news you received! :)

As a fellow "Rosser" I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps. I too have never heard normal and heart in the same sentence...you have given me hope!

Congratulations, Ben, on four years and No Longer Having To Count. That's a place a lot of us would like to be. Glad you made it there.

I don't hear the word "normal" much either, but it's not confined to comments about my heart. Ornery is good, sometimes.

Best wishes,

Ben,
Congratulations on reaching your milestone!
"Normal" people are too boring in my opinion...

Mark

Hooray for you! What fabulous news. I, too, am a Rosser, 7 months this week. I was told the thickness in my walls are down to normal size, but I have a very small leak in the aorta. They said that happens often with the Ross, and not to worry about it. Have you heard of that? Enjoy your NORMAL heart!!!!
Candy

So good to hear your great news Ben, congratulations.
I'm a "rosser" too so it's great to hear success with the procedure.
Candy, I have a leak from my pulmonary (homograft) valve. Mine is near the severe end but from my research, it seems to be 'normal' that most valve replacements still have a trivial leak afterwards.

Great news Ben! Always a pleasure to hear... and may you be "normal" for many more years to come.

All the best
Anna : )

That is wonderful news BEN! CONGRATULATIONS!

We will miss you in Golden, but don't worry, we'll have a few brews in your honor! Sure wish you were going to be there!

I'm really glad things are going so well for you. May you have many more years of NORMAL healthy checkups!

Hey Chris- You said your leak is severe. Was ti that way right after the surgery? And does the doctor say not to worry? I would love to kmow where you got some of your research info regarding that. Thanks!
Candy

Love to hear it!

Love to hear it!

Ben. I just joined in May, so I'm not familiar with you, but I do love to hear GOOD reports any time!! Waiting is a pain.

Obviously from this quote "(Before some of you wise acres say it....I know there isn't much normal about me..............................And for you really ornery ones....yes, my family is just as amazed as you that they can even find a heart !)" we newcomers need to hear more from you!! Ross can't do it alone, you know! (you know I'm kidding, Ross ;) )

Anyway, :) Congratulations on your success.

Marguerite

Hi Ben,
Congrats on your great news. I had my one year check-up just last week and was pronounced to be doing great. No leakage, just normal valves. I'm a Ross procedure person too so I'm glad to be hearing the news. It's the first time in my life I have not had a murmur. What a thrill! Keep up the good health!!

Heather

hey ben!
i was so thrilled to hear about your 4th anniversary...... congrats!!!
we are following in your footsteps and love to hear that you are well...
so happy for you...
wishing you all the best,
sylvia

Latest posts

Back